260Z +2 at auction

JP227

New Forum User
Hi guys, first time poster but always looking at 240's / 260's as my dad had one back in the day and always wanted to surprise him with one. Does anybody have any information or back ground on the blue 260 +2 Z at Manor Park auctions? Looks to be clean but 0 MOT history, CAT D and I think a car that has lived in Scotland for some years does put me off somewhat.. Would be great if anybody knows the car could shed some light on this. Cheers!

Attachments

• datsun1.jpg
    datsun1.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 22
Looks nice, but there is a lot of oil underneath. If I were selling it I would have got it steam cleaned unless it's something that is still leaking.

It probably won't have much MOT paperwork as it no longer needs one being a historic classed vehicle. You need any other paperwork that shows any repairs or replacement parts. It could be a CAT D because of a damaged panel especially if it's anywhere from the B pillar back. Parts and especially panels for the 2+2 are hens teeth to get hold of and tend to be more expensive. It could have been classed that way because the insurer couldn't get the parts at reasonable cost.

Oil leaks are the least of your worries. Rust is the Biggie. You need to go and see it and take a magnet with you.

Back