260z 2+2 with SR20 engine

toopy

Club Member
While at the MOT garage yesterday, waiting my turn, the car was parked out on the road, one of the mechanics came into the office to say someone outside wanted to speak to me about my car.

So this guy was driving past in a Vdub van, saw the Datsun and almost snapped his neck, it transpires he has one, a 2+2 and had never seen another one, having brought it on a whim a few years ago!

He has been restoring it over the last year, he was busy with VW stuff when he brought it initially so it sat for a while. But interestingly he has a SR20 engine with associated gearbox thats going to go in it :thumbs:

Nice guy and seemed really enthusiastic, i mentioned the club and he had heard of us but was not a member, i suggested he atleast gets on the forum as people are always interested in builds, especially with engine swaps, and the knowledge to be gleaned is fantastic :cheers:

I quite like the idea of an SR20 lump in a Datsun, a fair bit lighter than the L series, or an RB and with forged internals will make very good power. It's just the empty space at the front of the engine bay and the lack of 6 pot noise that puts me off the idea of going down that route myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back