240Z on DDK Porsche forum | The Z Club of Great Britain
  1. The Z Club relies on the support of it's paid members - join the club or renew your membership here.

240Z on DDK Porsche forum

Discussion in '240Z / 260Z / 280Z' started by Mick Cliff, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Mick Cliff

Mick Cliff
    Z Club Member

2. 3.0CSL

3.0CSL Forum User

It's on 6 x CV bike carbs. Anyone else have these fitted ?

3. uk66fastback

uk66fastback
    Z Club Member

Last post on that thread is intriguing ...

4. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Fitted them to kit cars before. They have potential to give smooth power and strong power(very narrow inlet). The real men fit FCR's though.

5. 3.0CSL

3.0CSL Forum User

The shells are restored in France.....

6. Albrecht

Albrecht Well-Known Forum User

The MZR cars? I think you're slightly behind the curve there.

The 'M' in MZR stands for Martin (Ryland), who did a lot of the work on the early MZR cars whilst he was living in France. I believe Martin was also doing work at the MZR workshops in Bradford, and was at least shuttling back and forth between France and UK. Might be back in the UK semi-permanently now?

Superb craftsman.

7. zed660

zed660 Forum User

You mean like these? Mikuni HSR45 flat slides. Great carbs, smooth power, great throttle response and more economical than DCOE45 Webers.

Attached Files:

8. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

Yes, although the more power hungry(who can take the fuel usage) Kehin FCR41

9. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Alan is on the ball (as nearly always).
    Martin prepared the latest Samuris and began working on Rahails' (the 'R' in MZR') whilst still in France. But two years ago he moved permanently back to the South West and works permantly with Rahail in Bradford 'chez MZR'. Since two years therefore ALL the work on the MZR cars has been performed in the UK.

I'll be a better judge of his crasftsmanship when my car is returned following a 100% restoration under his very talented hands (and head).

10. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member
    Official Trader

Yep; been fitted by Martin on a car (L28 with worked head and uprated cam) previously running with 2" SUs - I'm not convinced that they're better !

Attached Files:

11. Albrecht

Albrecht Well-Known Forum User

Ta.

12. franky

franky
    Z Club Member

They're CV's not FCR's

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  13. SeanDezart

SeanDezart
    Z Club Member