240z convertable on e bay

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
Item number: 4533156462
s.gif

240z convertable, did they ever make one or is the back end and roof an add on? dont look right too me.... baggy roof around back of drivers door glass makes it look after market.........as for the log book showing convertable...yes it would if you told them that!.... any thoughts mike albrecht etc.

mmmmm might be fun to drive but the car i've got is costing me a fortune in nurofen already....putting right 25 years of cock ups and bad workmanship aint easy to say the least..... a note to the winning bidder; congrats. and the best of luck!:D

just a quick question again, would the floor pans have had to be strenthened so the roof could be removed IF the car was originally a hard top? just thinking of rusty floppy floor down the m1 at 90 mph and hitting a few large bumps in the road.:eek:

Manufacturer's???....who's the manufacturer? It don't appear factory to me,
That soft top look's home made,poor 240z.............DJZ 60.:rolleyes:

Must be an aftermarket job, what do you think pmac?

You dont really want to know wot I think????
You already know!
Walk away! dont touch! Total lack of structural integrity! NOT FACTORY. OK? NOT FACTORY.
Youve got to be kidding! etc etc

You got the picture then....... I dont like it
Worse EVEN than them 250GTO wannabee heaps of plastic!
LOL dont get me going on them!!!!
Grolls ... lend me a Nurofen ive got a migraine starting..... Its that 250GTO word it always has that effect!

I don't think he likes it!

There, there PMac... just cuddle your angle-grinder and you'll feel better soon :D

I don't think he likes it!

It's only 'cause someone's already nicked the roof and therefore he can't cut it off and sell it on!:D
Convertible conversions of hatchback coupes never look right in my opinion, as you tend to lose the shape of the original curves.
As for rigidity!....It's probably worse than a 2+2 Targa ZX :eek:
Cheerz,
JEZ

Last edited by a moderator:
The convertible has been removed by ebay,by the bad taste police i hope!
OR MAYBEEEEE someone has bought it!!!!!
we will just have to wait n see! Keep a lookout for posts like .... "Hi Im new on here... Ive just bought a 240Z convertible......"

I'm going to see it tomorrow will give you guys the Low down on how the conversion was done and if it is any good..!

freind of mine had one,scaffold poles ran down the sides for strenth,it was British racing green,it didnt have a boot like the one on ebay,it didnt give out to many creecks and groans and drove ok,it was a 260z,anyone out there got it now

i also jnotice the bit about being built like that and a genuine convertable car has gone!

240z soft top

Hi I've been to see the 1 off datsun 240z soft top and unless Nissan decided to cut about a standard shell and leave cut bits sticking out I don't think so I couldn't persude the owner though he said it was made for the American Market, in right hand drive,? don't think so, the roof section has been used for the boot hinge panel and spot welded to the shell, the tailgate has been shortend and has a ally skin welded over it hence no paint no rust in the centre of the boot lid. The floor pan has been strengthend with large box section steel with extra chassis near the outer sill returns, engine has not run for 4-5 years so will probably smoke and need rings etc can't hear it running. I think to start with it needs following.
Door skins or repairs both sides
inner and outer sills repair
battery tray area rusted away looks involved
similar under washer bottle
inner wings look very rusty maybe a nightmare when starting to cut away rust!
Radiator panel repairs
complete strip and rebuild of boot shut face area to make a proper job of it
floors didn't look too bad but probably being supported by larger chassis rails
complete new interior carpets etc..
roof needs to be fitted more professionally.
And a respray
Engine rebuild as been stood and he says engine getting tight, not a good sign!

So Alot of work I thought I would right up my viewing as other people may want to view it and may be dissapointed with the car when they got there.
I had a 270 mile round trip myself but I am A Zed Nut after all...
Nick...

Attachments

• Battray.gif
    Battray.gif
    152.2 KB · Views: 35
  • chassis.gif
    chassis.gif
    75 KB · Views: 30
  • Sill.gif
    Sill.gif
    60.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Hood-area.gif