240 on ebay

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:280Z: iv emailed him. how bad was it under the floors, im looking for a roling shell to make a new stock car dont mind welding but there has to be somthing there to start with lol

martin w

samuri-240

Well-Known Forum User
Martin W said:
:280Z: iv emailed him. how bad was it under the floors, im looking for a roling shell to make a new stock car dont mind welding but there has to be somthing there to start with lol

martin w

Hi Martin You can't use a 2 seater for a stock car, I have a near totally rebuilt 2+2 shell available though !!!

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:280Z: we have used 2+2 shels before they not too good the 240 that was used was amazzzzin though so its got to be a 2seater. not raced for years now but getting the bug back thought if i found a 240 or 260 i mite just build 1????

martin

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
Martin, this chap is into Motorsport and has a son who competes with one of those bike-engined midget racers. He is good down to earth person who realises that he's made an error of judgement buying this off ebay himself!

In my opinion this car is scrap. I didn't look at the floor, car was full of rubbish and tyres flat. It wasn't worth putting my overalls on. I pulled open the bonnet (seized hinges) to see really bad inner wings, chassis legs, radiator panel etc etc. Doors rotten, sun roof, rotten backend, rear wings full of cracked filler etc etc.

You would be very hard pressed to find anything positive about this car!

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:280Z: thanks rob sound like you have saved me a little trip out, you know i thought id seen this on ebay few weeks ago its from milton keyns.

martin w

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:280Z: turns out this guy is a mate of mine he is the guy that used to race the 240 some years ago not seen him for a year or 2 so ill pop up anyways n have a looksee its not far from me

martin