2 little questions (Count A. ?)

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
On 240 doors, there are two holes beneath the lock mechanism, why ?

And why do the yanks quote the clear under bumper front indicators lenses as European ? Which countries had these ?

You tawkin' to me? :eek:

Originally posted by SeanDezart
On 240 doors, there are two holes beneath the lock mechanism, why ?

Which holes are you talking about? Have you got a pic as reference?

I wonder if you are talking about the little wedge-shaped aluminium castings that guide the door into closing position, in conjunction with the dovetails on the door jamb?:

*80580-E4100 ASS'Y STOPPER, door down ( R.H. )
*80581-E4100 ASS'Y STOPPER, door down ( L.H. )

Are they missing from your car? They quite often seem to break at the screw holes when the doors drop a bit.........

And why do the yanks quote the clear under bumper front indicators lenses as European ? Which countries had these ?

They say / write a lot of unfathomable things about these cars. I guess its just another example of warped perspective.

For example, their description of "European Bumpers" ( no rubber trim - from the base model Japanese-market S30-S and PS30-SB models ) is particularly strange seeing as no European market model was ever fitted with them from the Factory.....

The clear plastic ( in Nissan speak - "Uncolor" ) Parking & Turn Signal Lamp covers were simply described as "OPT" ( optional ) parts in Nissan's parts lists. I have no idea what particular European market they were intended to cater for.

Gee thanks pardner !
Sorry no photo 'cos, sory no car in the garage ! This was another guy asking me when we met up in Avignon the other night, I said I'd ask the gurus !

I ask you another, HS-30 tail-lights ! Some are red, orange and white, some are red and some are orange and red - why ?

I ask you another, HS-30 tail-lights ! Some are red, orange and white, some are red and some are orange and red - why ?

Surely you must be asking about all S30-series Z rear lights, and not just those of the HS30 models?

The Japanese home market ones ( Red sides, stoppers and parkers / Amber indicators / Clear reversers ) are the same as what most of our UK market HS30 models got.

The all-reds are - I think - what the USA / North American spec HLS30-U got.

If you want to play Part Number Bingo on rear lights it all gets very complicated. You might be interested to know that the Factory parts lists gave some numbers on the rear lights that were described as "Exc France" ( excluding France ):

*26550-E8100 ASSY-LAMP COMBINATION RH ( EUROPE ) EXC. FRANCE.
*26555-E8100 ASSY-LAMP COMBINATION LH ( EUROPE ) EXC. FRANCE.

It seems that - for the Factory - "Europe" may well have meant France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Belgium, Holland and Germany. I get the feeling that they included Switzerland in that as well (?).

Australia and New Zealand market HS30 models can also have surprising specs and differences.

So what did France actually get rear lamp colour wise? Were they the "Amber" type indicators as shown in the French sales catalogues?

As far as I know we, in Holland, have the red white orange types but I spoke last time to a Belgium guy who offered me his tail lamps and it turn out to be red and orange. I was amazed had never seen those!!

Attachments

• achterlichten 1.jpg
    achterlichten 1.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 15
Boomer can confirm but I think the French market also got the red/amber rear lights and everyone knows that the UK isn't part of Europe - at least the Japs. correctly interpreted that !

I knew I was going to be crucified for talking HS-30 when asking about the full range of lamps !

Back