19th June Drag Race Challenge Round 4

Mr.F

Inactive
A reminder to those expecting to attend the Jap Show Round of our Drag Race Challenge Round 4. As noted in the meeting description (which you may not have seen) it is necessary for you to contact me for a Display Area Pass so that your car will be allowed into the pre-booked Z Club area (30 car space available, 10 spaces currently filled officially). You will get herded into the public parking area otherwise! Call or e-mail: 01277 374201 or mike@mjpauto.com. A Display Area Pass is NOT a free ticket - you will still have to pay for entry at the gate!

The 18th June is available as a normal Run What Ya Brung practice day. June 19th is our official day from which times will be counted, but you will be restricted to buying three runs at a time - the day will be busy. I'm hoping that we have been allocated hard-standing space on the pits side, but this is not confirmed.

Thanks to pmac for pointing out that this information was not as visible or as clear as it should have been...

Will be there on both days, but will be parked up with the 300zx lot (well if i didnt id get me nuts chopped off) but will 100% pop over and see you gents with pleasure!!

I will also be running my Z on Sunday aswell!! (praying for 2 things, 12 sec run and no explosions) LOL

See you there

Rich

chunk said:
I will also be running my Z on Sunday aswell!! (praying for 2 things, 12 sec run and no explosions) LOL

unfortunatley i have to work, a shame cos i'd like to see you get into the 12's;)
good luck!:D

note; no mention of fast 2+2's:p

And of course I will be there too on Sunday Neil! Make sure you get in to that fire up road early. Cos it will be mega busy. Chunk and me are thinking of sleeping in the cars in the fire up road on Sat nite!!

For those of you who dont know much about the Santa Pod drag scene this is an ideal weekend to come along. Britains fastest road going Jap cars will be there, in action
There will also be displays of Jap cars and a presence from all the major Jap Car Clubs. That includes THE Z CLUB, and 300ZX co uk too.
There is also a huge Traders section for parts/ accesories etc ranging from totally frivolous items to full NOS kits. For the red blooded males out there I can tell you that many of the displays will have scantily clad young ladies draped all over the place! (Naughty really! and very sexist)
This in my very own humble opinion is a far superior show to the Retro Show weekend in early Jul, which is not at all "Jap Car" orientated.
Why not give Mike a call or Email and get a pass so you can park your Zed on the club display (it doent have to be a "show" car.)

The Z Club is your club. Dont let Z -Apathy rule, come along.FFS Ikea is sooooooooooooooooo passe. And the Garden centre is open all week , so go on Wed nite!
And what do you mean your arent a fully subscibed member??? NO excuses now. JUST CLICK ON THE SUBSCRIBE NOW BUTTON. PAYPAL RULES!!!

Count me in chaps, points to be had, fuel to be used and rubber to be burned. (thats as long as nothing else gets sucked into the inlet tracts :eek: -- the collection grows)

Blue cars are faster

Hey guess what.

Was just doing some homework for Sundays Santa Pod malarky and just happened to go on the Santa Pod "Run What Ya Brung" website FAQ section http://www.rwyb.co.uk/faqs.htm and guess what- its a picture of a Z -- not just any Z but --my Z -- how thoughtfull of them to use a blue car to illustrate a speed event:D.

Ha! These cars seem to get everywhere! I am guessing they contacted you to see if you would allow them to use the image ? ;-)

Looking forward to it, but had a look round the car yesterday and looks like one of the driveshafts 'may' have popped out a bit again, or it might be that it is just 'how it is' I'll try and put a pic below:

Good side:
Dscf0262s.jpg

Bad side (note oil sprayed liberally...):

Dscf0258ss.jpg

I've tried hitting it in using a long bit of wood, pushing it in.. all to no avail.. any ideas? (yes I know I have asked the question before, I got Dave jarman to fix last time, but stupidly didn't take a pic after he did it for reference:( )
http://www.phlem.org.uk/pics/Dscf0258ss.jpg

Hi all
got my car back from the body shop today so that i can attend on sunday so see you all there

Santa Pod

Hey, Mike got the pass today, Many Thanks

Looking forward to a good day. A long drag from Zummerset so I bet I get stuck in the jams !!!!!!

Gates open at 8-00am, cars on strip by 9-30am. Runs likely to be limited due to numbers, e.g. for Retro Car Day (3rd July) there will be 250 sign-ons available which is equivalent to 750 runs on the day. Jap Show also has demo cars and other entertainment to get in the way....

Well what a scorching day it was at the Pod, the track action was very good again. The jet car running at just over 6 secs, but i must say my N/A Z31 was only just off that pace at a staggering 17.25 secs, only 1 run today as i had a knocking on hard acceleration so did'nt want to push my luck and wanted to get home without the aid of the AA (sorry Grolls) cos i would'nt get it back to the body shop otherwise

Yep it woz a scorcher Neil. I pleased to say that my N/a was right on the pace today with a PB of 15.14 At 91.46.
Hooray for "e-bay" headers!!!
I have to say it was a great day all round.
I also have to say, IMHO only of course, that this club is full of miserable unadventurous boring people. Even one member who actually attended spent the whole day moaning.
Apart from camping in fields wot do you all do with your cars??
NO dont answer that.
I dont give a to$$ what you do with them.
Roll on Jul 17th.
Oh BTW. ive got an old wicker picnic set and a tartan rug in the loft. Anyone want to borrow it for Billing?
I dont think my grandmother will be needing it now(she died just after the war)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aye, really scorching!!

Gutted that i got some poor times, 13.6 @ 103mph was my best, I was getting lots of wheelspin on launch and it was just way too hot for Turbo'd cars!! And one of my downpipes is blowing, there was a headwind, I waited for a hedgehog to cross the track, errmmmmm cant think of anymore excuses!! (well, maybe one eh Pete :eek: )

Sorry i didnt get to pop over to the Zclub stand, sitting on PVC all day isnt the nicest of ways to spend an 85 degree day!!

Anywoo, roll on the 17th July!! I hope its a bit cooler then!

Last edited by a moderator:
neil300zx said:
only 1 run today as i had a knocking on hard acceleration so did'nt want to push my luck and wanted to get home without the aid of the AA (sorry Grolls) cos i would'nt get it back to the body shop otherwise
have you been playing silly buggers with the ignition timing?:eek:

Glad everyone had a good time. I needed to build up brownie points so I can come out to play for the zclub/retro weekender!

See you in a couple of weeks!

Its worth bearing in mind Pete's achievement here -- 15.1 seconds in what is perceived as a "lardy ass" car and that "its only the TT version thats worth having", well bear this in mind, there are TT's out there that cant do 15.1 -- lots of them and what’s more it wont stop at 15.1.

Phil Ellicot ran a very interesting 13.3 in his Supra powered Z (plenty more to be had there Phil, if you'd only stop being a media whore:D )

A highly enjoyable but frustrating day was had in the injection special.

Was looking good to seriously challenge the uber benchmark time of 13.77 set by Steve Adams some years ago, or at least the 13.9 set by a 3.1 Samuri on 48's

Best we could do though was a 14.02 :( followed by a plethora of times within 7 hundredths of a second (consistency isnt an issue) at least we got to waste a few scoobys in the process and scared the bejeesus out of a big supra :D :D :D

All that’s needed now is to find a 1/4 of a second, which will happen :mad:

So here's a gauntlet if anyone wants to pick it up.

If any NA Z (modified class but I will include 3.1's) can beat me, I'll donate £25 to the club --

So bring it on and take your best shot:devil: .

I have to say that the turn out was poor even for those not wishing to race. Where were all of the club members who "care" so much about the club.

Mike organised practically a whole field for our use and it was all but empty.

Well your loss guys, twas a great day.

Back