Radiator Fan Shroud

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Did different S30 models have different fan shrouds or even none at all?. This question is prompted by the £25k red car up on ebay (SteveP). It has a fan shroud from a 280z.

My 1972 uk car had no shroud when I bought it but I have seen early models with a small top shroud. So what market got what and when ? (one for Albrecht ?).

I would like to fit a full surround shroud. I notice the 280zx has a full shroud but i would expect its for a different size radiator. I've ditched my standard rad for a Mishimoto rad and the shroud holes seem not to match the original rad. Has anyone modified a shroud from different makes/models ?
Ta

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
My 1972 uk car had no shroud when I bought it but I have seen early models with a small top shroud. So what market got what and when ? (one for Albrecht ?).

Radiator Fan Shroud (21475-E4102) was an option right from the beginning of production on all models, and most often seen paired with factory air con. Very common, in fact almost compulsory, on Japanese market cars.

Being as they were considered a 'hot climate' extra, they weren't seen much on UK market cars...

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Alan, but just to be clear. The shroud you quote (21475 -E4102) is the FULL shroud.? Also, it is the same one as later appears on the 280z ? That little crescent "shroud", sometimes found only at the top of radiators is something entirely different?

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
That little crescent "shroud", sometimes found only at the top of radiators is something entirely different?
The crescent is surely just to protect fingers - no ?

The other part most frequently now missing is the undertray......

nospark

Well-Known Forum User
I would think so

A less than perfect undertray was sold on uk ebay a few weeks ago...........but back to shrouds
(just recalled the saying "there's no pockets in a shroud" ie spend your money on Z goodies because you can't take it with you)

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Alan, but just to be clear. The shroud you quote (21475 -E4102) is the FULL shroud.? Also, it is the same one as later appears on the 280z ? That little crescent "shroud", sometimes found only at the top of radiators is something entirely different?

See attached photo.

Don't have any reference to hand with regard to the 280Z type, sorry.

Attachments

• Rad-Shroud-1.JPG
    Rad-Shroud-1.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 26

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
I would think so

A less than perfect undertray was sold on uk ebay a few weeks ago...........but back to shrouds
(just recalled the saying "there's no pockets in a shroud" ie spend your money on Z goodies because you can't take it with you)

In Lancashire (mothers' home county) it was "gerrit spent - they don' put pockets int shrouds" !

Stevie P

Well-Known Forum User
The shroud in my car that I got from the states, is in two pieces, that bolt together with large spire nuts and those self tapper ACME bolts.

I can get more photos if you need them.

Steve