Values rising quickly...

Mr HollowPoint

Well-Known Forum User
Tis a shame too, because people are unlikely to buy one in that condition for that money, so it'll probably end up scrapped :( If it was sold cheaper, someone would buy it and restore it.

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
Before E-bay was invented, these are what would be described as Basket cases, or Donor cars.

After E-bay came along, they have increased in price by around 600% - even though they are - still - Basket cases, Donor cars, etc..........

It's a trick of the light that even an American Banker would hesitate to try and sell.

Anyway , the second one says it's not for the 'armature', so I suspect that's me out of the running.

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
The best line is from the first ad

"poss samuri, not sure as I don't have the log book"

Are shamuris now declared as a marque all of their own

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
It wasn't worth the £1500 to begin with, so I expect the £3k seller will lose money on it.

When I was breaking cars, I'd be buying this for £200 max, sometimes just taking them away FOC.

It needs every single thing replacing so its only value can be to someone converting a LHD car to RHD surely?

What sort of value would that add? The cost of carrying out the conversion against future resale but almost be negligible? Especially with us living in a truly global market with transportation to most places in Europe for £800ish?

rallymanDP

Well-Known Forum User
Correct, Jason - the real value of these cars is just the Donor parts for a RHD Conversion - about £700-£1,000 at the most, if there is a decent Dashboard.

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
I cant make out if the rear light clusters are uk spek, if they are and they look in good nick thats £500 or thair abouts, set of tripple 40's / 45's another £400. So you start adding these bits and pieces up not saying you get to £3000 but unfortunately worth more than £200 these days.

Mike B

MaximG

Well-Known Forum User
Looking at the carbs though wouldn't you say they'd need a ultrasonic clean and a full rebuild so maybe not worth much as they are really?

The going rate for a full set of good condition webbers is arround £600.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Oh this is cool - boy, have I had a nice chuckle !

"with grand ideas of getting back on the road in showroom condition but i have way to many projects going on and need some space" - the man has acres of space and he forgot the Janspeed manifold !

But what are tripples and cills, to/2/too (take your pick) many projects...but if he bought fewer wrecks he might get around to finishing one !

But you're being cruel as it has a genuine Samuri (two-tone ?) sunroof, spoiler WITH indicators and an original rear number-plate light.

Now this guy 'investments-uk' (learn from his last buy/investment and don't trust him with Grandmas' legacy) was doing well until armature (needs reinforcing perhaps ?) ; everything open - crawl in through the floor if that damned door just won't budge but frankly at that price, I'd expect new tyres !

But this is an expert 'cos at first glance one cill (bravo) has 'had it' (right up to the kidneys too) but the other is probably alright and besides, "it has no log book, it is a 240 Z , which when restored will command a very good price"...............RIP.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
You'd still need all the bits to bolt to it (that work) and a log book.....no ?

And would it be worth as much as this one restored ?

Throttleton

Well-Known Forum User
Buy the car ( you need a log book )
Reshell it in frp.
Get an IVA.
Keep the original plate.
All legal, another car saved and it lasts for ever:)

Got to be cheaper than trying to fix that!!

Will it be worth more Sean....it will be worth more than the scrap value that car is destined for!!!

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
All legal, another car saved and it lasts for ever:)

Got to be cheaper than trying to fix that!!

Will it be worth more Sean....it will be worth more than the scrap value that car is destined for!!!

But not another car saved - only a V5 created to replace another lost !:confused:

Ok, will it be worth more that that invested in order to 'save' (or cannibalise) it ?