Z432R - Watanbe Wheels

Russ said:
http://www.teccom.jp/contents/cars_z432r.htm

Gotta be a gloss bonnet, and then the same for the wheels, matt black I'd say.

Russ,
That particular one has been jazzed up a bit. Gloss black is just easier to look after than the correct factory finish.

Correct Z432-R 'PZR' FRP bonnet finish from the factory was satin black outside, with a metallic gunmetal grey gel coat finish ( unpainted ) on the inside. Having it gloss black would completely miss the whole point of why it was coloured black in the first place; rather like having your optician put clear lenses into your sunglasses.......

PZR also came from the factory with skinny TOPY steel wheels, painted satin black outside and creamy grey inside.

Watanabe wheels are aftermarket items - so any of the original Watanabe colour finishes would be "correct". Non-glossy finishes tend to get attacked by brake dust, and can be hard to keep looking nice.

Sorry I was busy trying to work, I meant to say "Glossy black wheels", as matt black to me makes them look like they are covered in brake dust.

I'd go for gloss on both as it'd match your paint which is obviously shiny, your engine bay, shiny etc. I think matt black bonnet/wheels would look a bit like the poor relations to the rest of the car.

The advantage of gloss black is that when they're mucky they just look like matt black, so still pretty cool looking! I had gloss black on my Elise and they looked a treat.

Cheers,
Rob

Back