z31 200zr

gazelle

Well-Known Forum User
Hi, I've found an auto z31 for sale and was wondering how rare are they in the uk and what are they worth in average condition?
Any info greatly appreciated!
Many thanks

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
They are rare in the UK as they were a Japanese home market model.The problem will be that it's an auto rather than a manual car, which would probably be of more interest to an enthusiast.
Is it a facelift or early model car?....There's been one for sale on ebay for some time at a high buy it now price...Which it's unlikely to sell for!

gazelle

Well-Known Forum User
Hi, yes I'm 110% sure its a 200zr. I've already looked at the car. Its a 1987 automatic with an exhaust and an uprated top mount intercooler. its been in the country about four years.
Its in average condition with 80,000 miles but no rust!
How much do you reckon its worth?
Many thanks

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Is it a silver car?...As Chris Theo from this club had a silver 200zr which he was selling, as he had bought a 300zr to replace it!

135885_1.jpg

gazelle

Well-Known Forum User
Hi, yes it is. that is the actual car in the pictutre. How long ago was that taken??
How much is it worth?
Regards

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
That picture was from 2004, but there are photos from 2006 in the Gallery....Just do a search for Chris Theo!

gazelle

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Jez, I tried to search for chris theo but it didnt work. Pity as I'd like to see a few old pics of it.
How much do you think its worth considering the above description?
Many thanks

gazelle

Well-Known Forum User
It looks like the cars been modified since, its now got an exhaust and has been lowered.
It also has the standard rims back on.

Mr.F

Inactive
An early (approx. '85) 200ZR 2+2 auto was sold at the back end of last year from a Southend import dealer. When I saw the car it had a sticker price of £3995. Whilst I don't expect it sold for that, being a dealer, it won't have been far short. That car went up to Scotland...

I have a '88 200ZR coupe manual that I would value towards that level (more once the RB25 transplant gets completed...

Obviously there aren't enough of these in the UK to reliably price them...

gazelle

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Mike, thanks for the info. :thumbs:
I think I might of seen your black manual zr for sale on Driftworks in mid 2006.
It looked really nice and had quite a few decent modifications.
Is there any uprated suspension parts or coilover suspension kits avaliable for the Z31/200zr?
Many thanks

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
You also ought to get a copy of the Summer 2005 Z Club Magazine, as the 200ZR in question was on the front cover and had a 2 page article inside!

Attachments

• 200zr cover.jpg
    200zr cover.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 11

Mr.F

Inactive
As with all Zs, structure is everything - what you don't want in a Z31 is any serious rust to contend with as the expense outweighs the current value in most cases. My 200ZR is absolutely clean in this respect and the underside is the equivalent of most of the import Z32s that you see freshly imported. Doubtless a few years of UK winters will see an down turn!

Tuning parts are somewhat in their infancy for the Z31 in the UK, but more and more ideas are becoming available. Give me a call to discuss if you buy the car!

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Or instead of getting a copy of the magazine, join the club (proper) and you can have the magazine on your pc within the next week (when i put it online)! There are quite a few pics and it's a great read.

gazelle

Well-Known Forum User
Cheers for the info and pics:thumbs:
Depending on the structual/engine condition of the car it will hopefully be mine.

Mr.F

Inactive
Ask me again in a few weeks!! :eek:
The sump needs to be swapped from the RB20, dipstick relocated (the two positions are already there, just needs slug knocking out and new one installed in the old position), reposition oil pick-up and transfer loom and ECU from the donor car. There will undoubtedly be some other issues, but should be quite straightforward...