What is this wire for???

Russ

Club Member
Hi,

Ok my car before I got it had it's stereo nicked, and at the same time the aerial and another mystery wire got cut.

This wire runs from behind the stereo surround, down the left side of the transmission tunnel, across the front of the seat, up the door pillar and under the rear quarter window. Now I *think* it has something to do with the rear offside connection to the rear window demister. I thought "great, just an earth", stripped it only to find out it's a fine coaxial cable. You have copper shielding on the outside and a fine copper core in the middle. No idea why :confused:

Now it's definitely nissan because it's got a load of nice clips to run it safely the whole length of the car, but it's a mystery.

Can someone let me know what it is and what I'm supposed to do with it?

Have attached picture of said wire, let me know if you need to know anything else.

Cheers :thumbs:

Attachments

• 014 [1280x768].JPG
    014 [1280x768].JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 31
Being a complete nuimperty on tech stuff don't take any notice of me but that sure looks like a coaxial l cable to me as well

The Z32 has 2 aerials (diversity or something) - the telescopic one and one in the rear heater element ;) Better signal off the telescopic aerial so use that one...

its probably the lead to the rear screen airial, as lots of cars use the de-mister as the airial ,have u noticed cars do not hae airials now
Sorry too many airials in that post :D

its probably the lead to the rear screen airial, as lots of cars use the de-mister as the airial ,have u noticed cars do not hae airials now
Sorry too many airials in that post :D

And not a single AERIAL :lol: ;)

its called a twin/dual diversity. theres a few nissans that had 2 types of aerial plugs fitted, one the normal type, and the other was about 1/2 inch diameter with 2 pins. as andy says, one run to standard aerial & the other to rear screen.

No way,

Thanks guys, makes perfect sense now, and it shows BOTH aerials were cut.

OK cool, I'll leave the bit of tape over the end and forget allll about it :D

Back