two break-ins in as many weeks!

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
I am not having much luck at the moment:mad: :(

couple of weeks back walking home I hear my car (the 260Z) firing up, some lads are trying to nick it:mad: :mad: So I'm about to jump in the middle of the road to stop them driving off when Chris says lets just get in the house and phone the police (the sensible one in the family) - so as we go to the house they floor the 260Z and drive stiaght into another car:( :(
So that car has gone off to be sorted (bonnet, front spoiler, steering column, wiring were they hot wired it)

NOW last night get back home to find my Z32 has been broken into:mad: :( :mad: :(
It was parked at the back of the house behind gates and under a cover - the bar steward smashed the window and took the radio and an amp (that was never actually plumb in but hey!). They have caught the guy so waiting for police to come and finger print the car and tie the guy up with the break in - but as you may have guessed I'm not happy

Funnily enough no one has touched the Z31:cool:

Mr.G

Club Member
Sorry to hear Suzy. :(

Rattles my cage no end.. What gets me is it always appears that the law is more on the side of the criminal then it is on the side of the victim.

240z

Club Member
:eek:
Sorry to hear it Suzy.. I know how gutted I was with my break in, at least they have caught one of them, I'll be very interested to hear what they actually do with them though...

Makes me sick..

Nidge74

New Forum User
Littl bastards will probably get away with some namby pamby community service.

Shoot the feckers I say.

You can steal my missus, but don't EVER touch my car :)

Suzy, perhaps you should think about moving, or increasing your security.

datsun dave

Club Member
Suzy i know how you feel had my wifes new car egged they wrecked the hood where the egg stained in would not come out and also damaged the paintwork

New Hood 750.00
Paint Pannels 450.00

Police found the 3 lads aged 18 the parents said that they would pay for the damage done if we droped the case so we did that was in April this year am ring them up each week to try to get it sorted out but am getting the run around "you pay to have it all done and we will pay you back" no you pay up first then i will take it in.

Martin W

Well-Known Forum User
:S30: how crap suzy it really p**es me off that the scummy tossers think they can just do it. i would like to get them and smash there fingers up with a bat or hammer so they cant evan pick there nose let alone mess with our stuff that we work hard for and deserve way more than them. was that a bit ott lol??

hope you get it sorted soon and they get what they really deserve if you know what i meen.

martin.

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
well they may have caught the guy but they couldn't find any prints on my car, there is a description of him from a neighbour of mine but that will probably not be enough even thought the police know it was him!!!!!

He was bailed this morning and I presume will be out again tonight to feed his habit (this guy is know by the local police so they know why he needs the money!)

I am dealing with two insurance companies both of which don't seem to be listening to me about what is best for these cars, I seem to be dealing with a seperate company to sort out the drivers glass, an assor that seems to being pulling figures out of the sky for the 260Z - he has told me that the insurance will give me a cash settlement on the 260 based on his quote - I have ask him how he came about the price for a 260Z bonnet to be told this is the average price for a bonnet - someone please explain to me how an average bonnet price relates to a 260Z!!

rant over
Not having a good week

twoforty

Well-Known Forum User
Sorry to hear that, do you live in Bristol? I was working in a School in Bristol a few weeks back, a year before we fitted 10 projectors in a new building.
All ten were stolen while we were working there, on top of that 2 days after we had finished 50 new laptops were stolen overnight....the police said they projecotrs and laptops would probably have been taken by known criminals in Knowle west but there was not alot they could do about it. :(

rotten

Well-Known Forum User
Probably some jealous twerp with nothing better to do. From experience, you will be very angry and you will be watching outside all the time, this feeling will subside as time goes on, the chances are it won't happen again.

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Bad News.

Appalled at the behaviour of juvenile delinquents. CCTV. Install a
system(available from Maplins) I have a system,which dates times &
activates as area is crossed. The CCTV footage Is evidence & will in
itself secure a sentence for the Thieves,vandals & druggists.
If you are struggling for a 260Z bonnet,I have one in good nick &
you are welcome to it. (This offer only apply's to Suzy) as it is part of my back up spares.
They have hit twice! ACT NOW install cctv & catch the
twat'z on the return.
Chris is right to hold you back,your health life is worth more than
the some of material parts.
Support & regards DJZ 60.

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
suzy ... sorry to hear about your trouble.
as for your bonnet if you are not happy with the replacement cost of your bonnet then you need to back it up with a price from Nissan or MJP for a new one,but i would have thought the average cost of a bonnet would be about £300 if not more

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Suzy,

So sorry to hear this, but not awfully surprised. The law does favour the crim these days I'm afraid.

And we wonder why so many decent people are getting fed up and buggering off to New Zealand or Oz....

Nidge74

New Forum User
Tony 260Z said:
And we wonder why so many decent people are getting fed up and buggering off to New Zealand or Oz....

I don't.

They have some amazing Nissan's which live forever due to the lack of Salt on the roads. :bow::bow::bow:

Worth emigrating just to get my hands on an R31 Skyline. :)

Maybe one day.

BRONZEE

Well-Known Forum User
Keep your chin up Suzy. Chances are probably high it was the same person, so hopefully something will happen to them. Hope you believe in Kharma. :devil:

Tony 260Z said:
&

Nidge74 said:
They have some amazing Nissan's which live forever due to the lack of Salt on the roads. :bow::bow::bow:

Worth emigrating just to get my hands on an R31 Skyline. :)
Unfortunately we have similar problems in NZ. Too many mistriants allowed to get away with all sorts of trouble. Pity politians globally can't get themselves away from all this policitally correct rubbish, them we might all get some vendication.
At least we don't end up with all the convicts this time. hehe

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
cheers everyone - I'm feeling a little more relaxed this morning
just another round of phone calls to make after which I will probably be in need of a large gin!

Yes I live in Bristol - not the Knowle side which is suppose to be a right dodgy area!

DJ - thank you so much for you offer - you are too kind!
Yep I think CCTV might have to be concidered - we have a weekend and security improvements ahead of us!

It looks like it was actually two different incidents (how unlucky can you get!) - the first (the 260Z) was a group of teenage types - there were two inside the car and a couple more on the main road as look outs
The Z32 was a single guy working alone, known for nicking radios instead of cars to feed a habit!

The police really do seem powerless these days - mind you a friend of mine has just completed jury service and she came off it despairing of the general public and thier views of the world!!

DJZ 60

Well-Known Forum User
Cctv

Also along with CCTV, install 'Dummy' camera's & Alarm boxes as these are a visual deterent to 'deaf & dumb' thieves.
Bonnets a bit big to post! we'll have to make some arrangement.
I can however, post the latest film sequence (one of only 3 copies) to
you & Chris. Z's on Track.
This will be great as a weapon! sharpen the dvd edge & use it to wound the dispicable opertunist's.

Oh. . . The bonnet's excellent & in DJZ RED.:p
Cheerz .

rotten

Well-Known Forum User
A professional car thief once said to me, the biggest Visual deterrent is to fit is a full enclosed circle steering lock and he also said make sure the car radio is a pull out and the glove compartment is open and empty. The thief will move on to an easier target.

suzy

Well-Known Forum User
spitting feathers

OK so they came to collect the Z32 - is it me being a woman but why Oh why Oh why don't they listen to me????

I told the gargage that is going to do the work that the car has a very very low front spoiler and would need a flat bed to take it away - I dash home from work to meet a man with a Van!!!!!! who was going to tow it, I said no way, he said let him have a look at the car as he was sure he could do it. Takes one look at the car and says he are going to need the flat bed!
The flat bed is, of course, on another job so I have to wait around for them to get it and come back to me. If I hadn't have handed my notice in at work they would so fire me!
This hasn't been a good week:mad:

the 260Z I would have to have said was an easy target as we had run out of parking so it was outside the house but the Z32 was behind gates, off the road and under a cover - maybe the fact it was under a cover made it look more interesting I don't know - I have since found out that the lane that runs down beside our house were people park up, the cars along there have been targetted but like I said my baby was behind a wooden panelled gate, hidden from view - there again the druggie was also hidden from view as he broken into the car, it was only the fact that a neighbour was having a crafty fag in the garden that he heard something and called the police.

See DJ - benson and hedges to the rescue:rolleyes: