This might be controversial... flush nosed Z31

Should I do it?

• Damn that is sexy... Yes!

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • I'm not sure I like it but do it just to be unique.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • That is ugerz... No!

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

MattDaKav

Well-Known Forum User
OK, my car needs paint & I've been playing with this idea for a while:
Before...
Z31club-136a.jpg

After...
z31smooth.jpg

^ I photoshopped this, obviously. ^

Does anyone know if this has been done before?
... if it hasnt & I pull it off I'm calling it 'The Kav Nose'. ;-)

I understand that it wont look like a Z31 anymore but if its unique it would be pretty cool.

I work in a body-shop so I'm confident I can make it work although it's not as straight forward as you might think.

Lets have some opinions...

Bantambunny

Well-Known Forum User
I'd say i like it but i think the lights site too far back with that bumper, you'd need to shorten the bumper to make it look right.

I think that's the point of those channels to being the lights closer to the front

Dale

Club Member
I'd agree with that. I like it, but for the same reason I prefer the look as it is now. Which is fabulous by the way! ;)

Russ

Club Member
I actually prefer the original, to me now it looks too bland and like a 944

NERO-LF-full.jpg

I feel the lights not being really smooth or like every other car are a feature of the Z31, an element of old school cool I'd keep.

Doesn't look bad flushed though :)

T

tulip

i prefer the original look, the lights just look wrong on the photoshop 1, very nice car btw

Mr Ex

Inactive
I say go for it if only to be different. Just look at the Supra (a lot better than all the other pics & more like yours) I quite like that supra.

Attachments

• supra.JPG
    supra.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 21

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
The smoked headlight covers from MSA look ok on a black z31...and you can always remove them when needed too!
The recessed headlights on the z31 are one of it's main styling features, so I prefer them to remain as they are.

Nidge74

New Forum User
I have no problem with the looks of it myself,

but there might be a slight technical problem with your idea

IMAG0808.jpg

If you look at the angle of the headlight in the recess, you would be likely to block most of the light emitted, therefore making it illegal.

Also, I used to have a Capri with tinted covers but they were only legal during daylight so when the sun went down, I had to pull over and remove them.

Sorry to piss on a very nice bonfire, but I don't think it work.

JakTheRuby

Club Member
Well I like it but I'd keep the Z badge on there...

cleanedup.png

Now that's badass! Or you could go even further and add z32 light clusters (bit of faffing to get them in there obviously, I just mean style-wise)...

cleanedupz32.png

I'm lovin' that. I think it's just because you have a superb example of a 300ZX though more than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator: