RIPS RB engined 240 in NZ runs a 9.065 1/4 mile

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
I know this has been posted before (thanks SimonH) but they have just started to open the car up a little bit and its yielding big results....9.065 on street tyres with only 2/3rd boost and no gas, plus its street legal:eek::D

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/89253-r-i-p-s-runs-9-065-fully-treaded-tyre-street-car.html

Watch the youtube videos....pretty impressive, yes others have gone quicker, there's a guy on Hybridz (Z-GAD see below)

who runs a 2JZ in a 240 which has run 8.9 seconds on 285 section street tyres (rumoured to have gone even quicker), but the RIPS car has so much more potential

rips240zexterior004uu4.jpg

Surely this must be capable of a low 8's with full boost and gas, by his own admission the builder recons that the 60fts will stand anothe 2-3 tenths coming off them which will see about half a second at the end of the 1/4

Last edited by a moderator:

RIPS NZ

Forum User
Did Zgad run 8.9 on that type of tyre:eek: I thought he was on M/T's?

I've registered on here now so feel free to ask any questions, I'm happy to help if I can.
The 9.0 was at our first real meeting in full street trim so we do have a long way to go yet, I'd love to get well into the 8s on fully treaded street tyres then put some slicks on and wind her up and see what happens :rolleyes:

Rob

moggy240

Insurance Valuations Officer
Staff member
Club Member
that is one quick car ..........................................................................R.I.P.S website is quite good aswell.

datsun dave

Club Member
Did Zgad run 8.9 on that type of tyre:eek: I thought he was on M/T's?

I've registered on here now so feel free to ask any questions, I'm happy to help if I can.
The 9.0 was at our first real meeting in full street trim so we do have a long way to go yet, I'd love to get well into the 8s on fully treaded street tyres then put some slicks on and wind her up and see what happens :rolleyes:

Rob

Welcome Rob

Have been watching your build on the Hybridz site :bow: its just fantastic what you have done.

Russ

Club Member
Awesome. You've just destroyed my dreams of ever owning a sub ten second car though lol, I don't think I want anything that insane! :D

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks for adding to the thread Rob, couple of questions for you

You mention in your GTR thread that you ran about 2/3rds boost, what bar or PSI would that equate to.

How far do you think you can take the standard crank/cradle...power and rpm

What rods and pistons are you running.

I'd love to get well into the 8s on fully treaded street tyres then put some slicks on and wind her up and see what happens
LOONEY:bow:

RIPS NZ

Forum User
Thanks for adding to the thread Rob, couple of questions for you

You mention in your GTR thread that you ran about 2/3rds boost, what bar or PSI would that equate to.

How far do you think you can take the standard crank/cradle...power and rpm

What rods and pistons are you running.

LOONEY:bow:

We had 758whp at 1.5bar and to do 152mph we needed just over 800whp

1200hp+/9500rpm+

Billet and forged