Power Steering rack

rich

Well-Known Forum User
Hi All

Can anyone tell me if theres an power steering rack that would be a direct fit for a Z ?, my hybrid engine already has the pump set up so I might as well use it.

I quite like the idea of fitting an MX5 rack, I believe the early ones can be made to fit with a little modification, but there may be some bump steer issues. The Australians seem to favour one of the BMW racks. Try googling or checking their forums.

There's a great how to video on You Tube of a UK guy who used a BMW rack (I think) - shows you how he welded the crossmember to accept the rack etc ...

subaru forester from memory and a couple of toyota track rod ends, think i have one in my Z store and a modified cross member already done

I have just fitted an electronic power steering set up to a 240Z in Bath. The firm, in Dorset I beleive send you a complete column with motor attached and a small ecu and a speed sensor for the speedo.
Easy wiring connections. when you turn the ignition on you can turn the steering wheel with your little finger. Owner very pleased.

I have just fitted an electronic power steering set up to a 240Z in Bath. The firm, in Dorset I beleive send you a complete column with motor attached and a small ecu and a speed sensor for the speedo.
Easy wiring connections. when you turn the ignition on you can turn the steering wheel with your little finger. Owner very pleased.

Sounds interesting and plug n play.

Any details of said firm and costs?

Anyway, I thought it said a long while back on here that PAS is for woofs ?

What's a woof ?
A dog or a kind of hybrid pc re-arrangement of the words poof and wuss ;)

Yep, guilty Monsieur
PAS I called Puny Arm Syndrome a while back but must admit as I get older I am coming round to the idea of losing a bit of steering feel as a trade off for less of a work out when driving.

Especially when there is no power-loss and speed sensitive and can switch it off for those very-wet track days....oh, I forgot, you don't do those.....woof !:p

Back