Parts starting to arrive!

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
Some of the bits for my project have finally landed!
Now have head gaskets (Ferriday engineering), injectors (five motorsport) and con rods (Farndon). Dry sump pump/tank (pace) are being built as I speak and ECU (emerald) and pistons (JE) are on order. Price of -16 hose and fittings has just made my eyes water a bit though :eek:
Might actually get some real work started soon!

Mr.G

Club Member
Yeah! Sounds great John!

Can I ask if you are getting Emerald to install their ECU? If so, is it a lot more expensive to do so?

What car is this for?

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Emerald ECU's

Emerald rock

Superb ECU and top rate company to deal with -- definitely friendly (more to follow shortly;) ), plus Daves rolling road is well engineered and controlled.

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
MrG240Z said:
Yeah! Sounds great John!

Can I ask if you are getting Emerald to install their ECU? If so, is it a lot more expensive to do so?

What car is this for?
No, I'm installing it myself. It's for a VH45DE engine going into a SWB Z32.

Wyn

Club Member
Fair play. That's what we need more Hybrid Zs :D

Be nice to see some pics, esp cos some of us isn't to familiar with all them digits n letters :)

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
Yeah, will get some as things go along. Problem is I sorta prefer just getting on with it. Fortunately my mate who's car we're also doing is of the arty persuasion and loves photographing everything, so should get some stuff worth posting up. There are some pics of the engine arriving in my gallery on here. It's come on a bit since then though! Think I managed to sort out the roll cage now too :D

friday

Well-Known Forum User
John Dixon said:
Posted some pics of the bits up in my gallery.
Not too exciting though!
Oi! What do you mean, my photos aren't exciting?! :mad:;)
Hi everyone, John's "arty" mate Leigh here! Should be posting a bit more on here myself in the near future (and definately subscribing;)) as TBH I'm enjoying reading this forum a bit more than the one I'm a member of now :rolleyes:.

Quite excited as my own heads and cams have arrived this morning from CTM so hopefully we're going to start getting it all together next weekend. Only problem is I currently don't have a car to put it in! She's over at Bodywork Plus in Stourbridge having some interesting things done to the bodywork before we transplant the VH...then back over for the final respray. Will be posting some photos of the build and bodywork when I introduce myself properly if that's ok :)

Cheers,

Leigh

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
Dry sump stuff arrived today, and Leigh got his heads back!
Will post up some more piccies when I can get them :)

friday

Well-Known Forum User
John Dixon said:
Dry sump stuff arrived today, and Leigh got his heads back!
Will post up some more piccies when I can get them :)
Charlie ("The Guvnor";)) and the boys at CTM have done an absolutely superb job. He's ported the Inlet and Exhaust ports, reground the cams, cleaned up the combustion chambers, skimmed the surface and done a bit of de-masking around the edges of the valves. If this is the quality of mine I can't wait to see how John's "high spec" work turns out!

Leigh

Attachments

• VH45DE Heads and Cams 005 reduced.JPG
    VH45DE Heads and Cams 005 reduced.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 25
  • VH45DE Heads and Cams 006 reduced.JPG
    VH45DE Heads and Cams 006 reduced.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 18
  • VH45DE Heads and Cams 008 reduced.JPG
    VH45DE Heads and Cams 008 reduced.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 17
  • VH45DE Heads and Cams 012 reduced.JPG
    VH45DE Heads and Cams 012 reduced.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 16
  • VH45DE Heads and Cams 020 reduced.JPG
    VH45DE Heads and Cams 020 reduced.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 19

John Dixon

Well-Known Forum User
You're not kidding. Compared to you and 900ss ours are being completed at a slightly more 'leisurely' pace!!
Leigh's engine is nearly assembled now, just final torquing down of heads and fitting of covers and dry sump pan to do.
Still waiting on the gearbox adaptor plate and ECU, but all the main parts are here other than that.
Going to do some work on the car this week, hopefully get the ABS off and residual pressure valves installed on the lines. The get the steering column back on and get it to the bodyshop.
Just going to the garage now to anneal the head gaskets and get them shipped down to CTM. I think the liners have arrived too so the block should be getting worked over this week.

mantav8

Well-Known Forum User
John Dixon said:
You're not kidding. Compared to you and 900ss ours are being completed at a slightly more 'leisurely' pace!!
Leigh's engine is nearly assembled now, just final torquing down of heads and fitting of covers and dry sump pan to do.
Still waiting on the gearbox adaptor plate and ECU, but all the main parts are here other than that.
Going to do some work on the car this week, hopefully get the ABS off and residual pressure valves installed on the lines. The get the steering column back on and get it to the bodyshop.
Just going to the garage now to anneal the head gaskets and get them shipped down to CTM. I think the liners have arrived too so the block should be getting worked over this week.
LOL!-Compared to yours and Leighs bud, mine is (what's the word?)-agricultural!