New Zclub mag Rocks

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
just got my summer 06 mag, am i mistaken or do they just keep getting better, i know how much work you guys put into getting it together. so top show plus theirs a rather sexy 300zx on page 13, looks like a real head turner...... oh hell thats mine..lol cheers guys though if you'd told me you were taking a pic i'd maybe not have been carrying my membership pack.

as long as she runs i'm sure i'll be seeing you all on saturday?
cheers again it'd made what was a really bad day much much better

datsun dave

Club Member
is it AUTUMM 06 steve ?:devil:

sorry mate could not help that one twice in one day !!!!!!

you do a great job on the mag keep it up

importfairlady

Well-Known Forum User
does it matter when we get it as long as it rocks then its worth the wait, hoping that the next mag has the final drag results so i finally get my name in a magazine rather than just seeing it in the problem pages in the sun!!! lol

zedhead260

Well-Known Forum User
importfairlady said:
hoping that the next mag has the final drag results so i finally get my name in a magazine

Nope, you'll have to wait until Winter for that - we'll do a Hall of Fame & Top 10 Class round up too.

Mr Ex

Inactive
Autumn doesn't start until the mag is out:confused:[/quote]

Yes but we still need a date, then we know that when we come home from work we will know it will be waiting for us :santab::conf2::unsure:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Yes but we still need a date

You can "need" all you want:p , no diffinative dates..... because when dates are set, people get all uptight when they are missed ...... for whatever reason;) not that we plan to miss them on purpose, its just that sometimes things conspire against you no matter how hard you try.

Suffice it to say it is in final artwork stages and printing/posting should happen in a week to 10 days time (please note thats working days not calender days) and as British Summer Time hasnt ended yet we're still good to go:p

So the best I can promise is that you will get is sometime in Septobuary.......or is it Julember:conf2:

SKiddell

Well-Known Forum User
Ok Steve nice to know it is going to be on time!!

Keep it up you are doing a great job.

And good to see that you took my post in good humour:D
Sometimes on forums such as these, people get wound up at the slightest bit of "banter" and of late there has been noticable tension, we all need to take a step back sometimes and take long slow deep breaths.

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
You can "need" all you want , no diffinative dates....

Well said Skiddell.
i still get the feeling that a significant number of members believe that it is their god given right to get a magazine exactly one a particular day of the year.
Im just finishing off writing my piece tonight so the mag wont be with you tomorrow. I took the pictures last month and then had to wait till Skiddell had time to discuss them with me and give me some guidance on lenght of feature etc. That brings me on to another related topic. In the past Members who have contributed articles have later got all stressed out cos their beloved piece got shortened, postponed or even passed over.
Well lets be honest here.. It might have been because what you wrote was simply not good enough but our polite and diplomatic editor just couldnt bring himself to tell you.
Good job I aint the editor then innit??? Cos I tell it like it is ...always.
Its a free forum, you can say what u want I dont care but if there is a continual vociferous body out there who rattles on about this dates, articles thing ad nauseum you run the risk of the whole lot of us who write and assist #skiddell packing our bags and moving on.
We dont have to spend hours of our own time making the magazine happen, we do it cos we enjoy it. Take that enjoyment awayfrom us and we will just clear off down to da Pod and spend our leisure time burning rubber and eating burgers.
And BTW Im on the lookout for something new and interesting to do a feature on(thats ME not Skiddy).
So if you are in my neck of the woods and are up to somethng interesting... Lemme know.
No certainty that it will get published but its always worth trying.

Mr Ex

Inactive
And BTW Im on the lookout for something new and interesting to do a feature on(thats ME not Skiddy).
So if you are in my neck of the woods and are up to somethng interesting... Lemme know.
No certainty that it will get published but its always worth trying.[/quote]

Well Pete I've been a Z owner since 1980 I could tell a few stories, some might be a bit boring but they would make a last read at bedtime for someone! If I have to do my own typing it is a one finger job. :rolleyes:

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Well Pete I've been a Z owner since 1980 I could tell a few stories
and not only have you been a member all that time you have got a proper Samuri 240Z. Only a handful of the real thing ever made and very few left. There are people in the club who probably have never seen one.
In the distant past there was someone supposedly logging all the real ones etc, but they seem to have drifted off into a Scottish mist.
Im sick to death of seeing adverts with the Sam*** word in them. If you were to believe them all then Spike would have modifieed every 240Z imported. Theres one now in the clasifieds????
Hmm I feel a Road going Samuri article coming together.
I type everything with two fingers only myself Mr Ex. Its one of the reasons that I get pi$$ed off when I see all that "whens the mag due" bollox
It takes me ages to keyboard a short article. Most of the pillocks out there have no conception of the effort required to get this magazine on the members doorstep.
In fact Im gonna arrange a "smack " for the poster of the next unwarranted comment I see on here.
Talk to me off forum Mr Ex
Ya got any decent pics?????

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Now that is tempting...lol
It may be tempting Grollsie boy, but you had better wait till you are certain you dont need any more "free parts" sending before you try it !!:eek: ;)

:D :D :D

grolls

Well-Known Forum User
pmac said:
It may be tempting Grollsie boy, but you had better wait till you are certain you dont need any more "free parts" sending before you try it !!:eek: ;)

:D :D :D

Strange that, I was just thinking what a fine iob you lot do with the Mag.:D :D :D :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: