New book ('mook') 'Fairlady Z Story & History'

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Published on 24th October 2019 - the 50th anniversary of the S30-series Z's public debut at the 1969 Tokyo Motor Show - a new 'Mook' (magazine/book) from publisher Motor Magazine Mook:

'Fairlady Z Story & History, Volume 1, The 50th Anniversary Chronicles'.

FZ-Story-and-History-v1.jpg
Put together and edited by Mr Koichiro MORITA of Motor Magazine Ltd in Japan, it has a nice balance of content with period photos, interviews with key figures, coverage of the 'Kaku U' test team's exploits in the USA/Canada during late 1969 and some nice circuit racing & rallying history. A Volume 2 is to follow some time in the future.

Production values are high, and it's in large format with a weight of over 800g. ISBN978-4-86279-505-2 C9476 and priced at 2,700 JPY. You can order through Amazon.

Yes, it's written in Japanese. However, the photos are all in English...

I might be a little biased as I contributed 6 pages of content (which has been laid out really nicely by the editor) mostly of never-before-published photos and background story, which - so far - seems to have been well received.

Recommended!

'Fairlady Z Story & History, Volume 1, The 50th Anniversary Chronicles'.

Yes, it's written in Japanese. However, the photos are all in English...

Recommended!

£48 for a book I can't read - blimey I'm a pensioner you know ;-)

I wasn't sorry Rob, I was meaning to write more than what I did...

What I meant to elaborate on was that one day I wish to be a pensioner...unfortunately I don't ever think I will get there as who knows what the pensionable age will be in 30/35 years?!

Perhaps Mr Corbyn will vow next to ensure my pensionable age will be the same/lowered or perhaps I'll get some compensation if it isn't?:rofl:

I wasn't sorry Rob, I was meaning to write more than what I did...

What I meant to elaborate on was that one day I wish to be a pensioner...unfortunately I don't ever think I will get there as who knows what the pensionable age will be in 30/35 years?!

Perhaps Mr Corbyn will vow next to ensure my pensionable age will be the same/lowered or perhaps I'll get some compensation if it isn't?:rofl:

Seriously the BIG thing is to build a vocational pension because you can't run a Datsun on a State pension. That is more likely to dictate the age at which you can retire. Sorry for the Hijack Alan.

55B542E9-4A84-4F0F-80D2-66E1D3DA99F9.jpeg
I already have mine, I haven’t got a lot of books like some people on the forum have of the differing models and journey of my Datsun so I’ve really enjoyed looking at this. I would really love to have it in English. Do you know how many volumes they are planning to publish Albrecht?

Err, so how does one buy it directly from Amazon JP to ship here please - their site won't recognise my address ?

If you have a spare copy Alan and will sign it for me :), I'll happily buy it with postage - thanks in advance.
Same, l'd like a signed copy also.

Back