My Z31 has gone

neil300zx

Well-Known Forum User
My Z31 has now gone off to the body shop, not where i was going to originally get it sprayed as the guy has buggered off on holiday( how inconsiderate ) because i have to have it ready for the 24th of June cos i promised my daughter i would take her to the prom in it, so i find myself franticlly looking for another painter which i found, as it happens i went to school with this guy and he has his own body shop He will be charging me a little more than i was paying the other bloke but he assures me it will be a 1st class job. So those that are at Santa pod on sunday will see it in its primed state and then back to the body shop on monday for the colour and lacquer. oh the excitement :D

Last edited by a moderator:
So those that are at Santa pod on sunday will see it in its primed state and then back to the body shop on monday
Neil, your COMMITTMENT to your car and Running it at Santa Pod puts 99% of the members of the club to shame.

I think ill put you up for a Club award this year.
If only we could attract another dozen like you.

BTW. dont forget to get there REALLY EARLY as it will be MEGA busy with hundreds of Joe Public cueing to get in, as wel as every Jap Coupe in Britain.;)
See ya there M8. Are you up for some "head to head " runs??
I like beating you:D:D:D

i told you not to mention the leather whip thing didnt i now the cats really out of the bag. yeah we shall go head to head but i think it should be like golf you know handicaped you give me 1.5 sec head start then we should finish together :D

PS dont forget the spark plugs, oh and im up your way on wednesday j21 m1 good to meet if poss

i told you not to mention the leather whip thing didnt i now the cats really out of the bag. yeah we shall go head to head but i think it should be like golf you know handicaped you give me 1.5 sec head start then we should finish together
LOL Neil if the Top Secret parts I am having fitted this week all go together in time you will need more than 1.5secs start! The prospect of a 14 sec run in the slicktop is movin ever closer.

The plugs? Yeh i will bring them.
Give me a call re Wed, J21 is a bit South of me but i dont know as yet wot Im doing
01773 761238 home 07778 411568 mob

LOL Neil if the Top Secret parts I am having fitted this week all go together in time you will need more than 1.5secs start! The prospect of a 14 sec run in the slicktop is movin ever closer.
I thought that the Nismo elastic band kit for slick tops was a NLA part bud:D
Just in case it is, my son has a balsa wood aeroplane I could steal one off.

Oh damn -- sorry Pete I have let the cat out of the bag.

SKiddell said:
I thought that the Nismo elastic band kit for slick tops was a NLA part bud:D
Just in case it is, my son has a balsa wood aeroplane I could steal one off.

Oh damn -- sorry Pete I have let the cat out of the bag.

jeeze and i thought it was hot phart induction!

Hi all

going down to the body shop tomorrow to check on progress and take a few piccys ill post tomorrow, hopefully it will be in a primed state for the weekend then back on monday for the top coat
PS sorry pmac ran out of time today but see you sunday

:eek: You're gonna show us naked pix of your poor Z31? Oh, gosh, the embarrassment will torture her for life!

Haha! So, what color are you having her painted, Neil?

Hi
I have not told anybody yet because i thought i would keep you lot guessing so you will have to wait and see when i post the final piccys :D Believe me it has been a massive dilema choosing a colour

As promised some pix of her in rub down stage, shes looking very sad at the mo but cant wait for the finished item

Attachments

• DSCF0021.JPG
    DSCF0021.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0023.JPG
    DSCF0023.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF0025.JPG
    DSCF0025.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 9
  • DSCF0026.JPG
    DSCF0026.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 9
I've never seen a Z31 with chrome rocker panel moulding ... does it go all the way from the front-to-rear bumpers, and is it common for the RHD's to have it?

Right here at the arrow I just added. Is that chrome, or are my eyes just playing tricks on me? :p

Attachments

• s Z31.JPG
    s Z31.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 31
No its your eyes playing tricks on you, its actually blue with white primer over the top, if you check out my gallery i think there is a couple of pix of when i first bought the car and it should show it better in those

Awe, I see. Thanks! I just saw an auction on eBay yesterday for new chrome rocker panel moulding for a 280ZX. The seller claims it's OEM, but I've just never seen it in chrome before.

Back