LHD 240s on eBay

johnymd

Club Member
Quite a mixed choice there for the potential buyer. May be a 5th or 6th by the end of the week. :)

richiep

Club Member
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-Z-Se...b2a1c6&pid=100010&rk=4&rkt=18&sd=181870018975

Good ones are getting a little thin on the ground and this is what's now available. Should be able to buy it and get it over here for around £8000. Anyone interested?

Jeez that is rough looking. Doesn't compare to Red Baron's Zap 280Z that cost ££££ less than 8k and is superb - genuinely rust free and with a nice respray too (somewhat uncommon given typical US blow overs).

status

Well-Known Forum User
There are a few RHD 240s for sale that are in the 20k price tag that have been on sale for a while now,it seems there isn't such a demand that some people think there is,unless they have been sold or are complete pigs

datsfun

Club Member
Maybe it was a self created belief?? :)...the open market is the decider of what's something is "worth"...

status

Well-Known Forum User
self created is a spot on description,few people getting carried away with valuations,as said before why are those RHD 240s still for sale,they can't all big pigs

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
I see a few houses for sale in my local streets.

Presumably - as they have not sold yet - the London property price bubble is a self-created myth, and those houses are in fact almost worthless...?

:rolleyes:

status

Well-Known Forum User
Those prices are not a myth Alan as they normally sell and in more demand than a car,prices set by estate agents some times I presume,self created to a point,the fact that the RHD zeds that seem in good nick still for sale proves a point,there isn't so much a supply and demand for a zed,too many owners living in cuckoo land when it comes to valuation,when I see a good z for sale around the 15k 25k mark that is a lhd ,I'm rubbing my hands and all I can see is 30k plus in my bank account considering wots been done to my zed,don't think so ,do you?

johnymd

Club Member
I guess it depends on how much rust/rot the car has. Although I can see a RHD car being more desirable in our country, I can also see the desirability of rust free cars and they tend to be from warm dry areas. I have a couple of RHD cars and have had a couple of rusty RHD cars previously. I wont buy another rusty car as its just too hard to remove all traces. The truly rust free UK cars will be worth too much money to be used and enjoyed so are probably not the cars for me as I like to use zeds.

status

Well-Known Forum User
I can see you point Jon,mine has never been welded so I'm the lucky one,a lot of the quality has returned to the Zeds this last ten years or so as they have been restored or had work done,depends on your definition of restored,if I was buying a left hooker then it would be a muscle car not a zed,lhd not as desirable over here to most,

bluejon

Club Member
The white one was previously for sale at £12,750 and didn't move. But I can see that it does now have an MOT meaning the electric work for the rear lights has been completed. But it still needs a respray (paint not good), all new rubbers and some wing mirrors which are missing