Hi There

Guy 600N

Well-Known Forum User
My names Guy, i'm 20, from Oxford and I just brought myself a Mexican Orange 260z last weekend.

Here are a few photos of my new love. :)

IMG_2233_zpsab493619.jpg

IMG_2207_zps868af6cf.jpg

It is by no means perfect - indicator / hazzard light issues and there is a 'clunk noise' from the rear when I change gear or accelerate (not sure what it is yet, perhaps its the diff) but other than that, it's great fun and the triple weber carbs make it sound amazing.

Hope to see you all around! :)

Guy

Guy 600N

Well-Known Forum User
Thanks Dan!

Yeah it is running well so far... Interior definitely needs a bit of attention but I'm hoping to make it as immaculate as possible.

How easy is it to buy parts for the 260z in the UK? I'd love to purchase a new front grill and perhaps a badge!

Wyn

Club Member
Hi n7
Looks a clean car. Where did it come from,local ?
Hope to see you about as I'm only down the rd in Aylesbury
Got a few bits n bobs if u need to try a switch or other

hatsu

Active Forum User
Hi Guy welcome! I bought my silver 240Z last weekend, they are great fun arent they.

Also mine clonks like yours, im sure someone will be along in a while to point us in the right direction of a fix, im guessing either diff mounts, gearbox mounts or suspension mounts.

Anyway im only up the road in stratford, maybe see you at the AGM meet at the Heritage Centre Gaydon.

Russ

Club Member
Hello, welcome to the site. Looks really good in that colour without the bumpers, very nice :)

See if you can come along to the AGM and see a few other cars, the website is great but it's all about getting out in the cars really.

Guy 600N

Well-Known Forum User
Came from Yorkshire :)

I drive it nearly like a daily at the moment, trying my hardest not to though!

Yeah hope someone can fix the clunk soon, it's frustrating.

:) cheers guys, hopefully see you around

Wyn

Club Member
Got a used pair of 260z shafts from mine if you want to see if they fix the clunk?

No use to me anymore as I've fitted Z31 turbo shafts to mine
So you're welcome to try them ......... before you buy them ;) :D

Russ

Club Member
I know it's a different motor, but mine had an on the throttle clunk, got under the car and realised the previous owner had painted the bolts that hold the drive shaft to the diff and they were coming loose!

I'm sure yours is a bit of wear and tear, but when it's dry might be worth having a nose underneath :)

Dale

Club Member
Hi Guy, welcome on board. I recognise the car from the Auto-Active website Completed Datsun Z car restoration projects and the previous owner posted on here a few times. It's a stunner, I love it!

I had a clicking problem a while back. Get the back wheels up off the ground and see if it clicks as you turn each wheel back and forward slightly and if it does you should be able to hear where the click is coming from. Mine was an outer universal joint that had gone which was a fairly straight forward fix.

datsfun

Club Member
That orange car belonged to my mate who had it for 5+ years? Car was in West London, purchased from Auto active and sold via Z farm.

Any more information, PM me;)

He got bored of it and now had a 74 bluebird:D :driving:.

Guy 600N

Well-Known Forum User
Got a used pair of 260z shafts from mine if you want to see if they fix the clunk?

No use to me anymore as I've fitted Z31 turbo shafts to mine
So you're welcome to try them ......... before you buy them ;) :D

I might have to hold you to that buddy! Thanks so much, I'll have a nosey to see if i can find anything but yeah, i'll let you guys know!

Wow, decent community. Everyone seems nice and also knowledgeable :)

Ha! It'll be interesting to find out a bit of the cars history - I brought it from the Z farm.

Just a quick note: it does definitely sound so nice, properly growls. :devil:

Guy 600N

Well-Known Forum User
That orange car belonged to my mate who had it for 5+ years? Car was in West London, purchased from Auto active and sold via Z farm.

Any more information, PM me;)

That makes me sad to know that someone got bored of my car!! haha

Thanks a lot Datsfun, will message you!

Had an interesting second day of 260z... let's just say, flooded engine! Whoops. :p sorted now though.

Cheers guys for the help and for being so good!

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Nice looking z bud
Be good to see it in the flesh
Next meet nearish to you is the Z Club Drag Challenge at the Shakespeare speedway on the 30th September
Even if you don't fancy a head to head with some of the guys on the strip there are a few who go in their cars just to be there and meet people

RIDDLER

Well-Known Forum User

How can anyone get bored of one of these?

Your car looks beautiful. Never seen one in that colour before and it really suits it. Hope you get as much pleasure out of yours as I do out of mine.

I'm off to on a 400-mile round trip to Hertfordshire tomorrow in it. Can't wait!

jonbills

Membership Secretary
Site Administrator
Hi Guy, welcome. Your car does look great.
Mine clunks too - I've learned to love it. I'm pretty sure their's a section in the chassis manual for keeping the clunk in perfect condition.