Facebook page?

Paul Henley

Club Member
Hi, just wondering if the club can have its own facebook page? Has this been discussed previously?
Cheers
Paul

status

Well-Known Forum User
I thought Facebook was for putting pictures of wot you had to eat up the pub cos everyone wants to know that don't they

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Rather than run down Facebook what needs to be asked is what makes a lot of Z owners use Facebook more that a forum
If we could discover that we might get a lot busier and more interesting content on the forum

Last edited by a moderator:

rich

Well-Known Forum User
I think this forum is safe as most of you dont use facebook due to not been able to understand how to use a phone :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

toopy

Club Member
I use facebook quite a lot, its great for snippets of info and pics etc, while on the phone,

but i much prefer to be on the forum at home on the PC, i dont use facebook on the desktop and i dont use the forum or tapatalk on the phone.

When typing, i prefer a proper oldskool keyboard :thumbs:

SacCyclone

Club Member
The best part of Facebook for me is that I can instant message people all over the world and get an instant reply.

I have several forum members who I message and send pics to with an instant response from them. great for when they want a particular little bit and we both need to figure out what it is. Brings us together when we need to get information fast.

Just my thoughts.

Ped

Club Member
I am not a fan of Facebook and don't use it, although I have tried it. The forum works for me as is.

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Both have their place, pros and cons. Facebook provides a much wider audience across the world and an instant level of access and response for a lot of people. Its easy to share and upload photos and information. That being said the level of that information sometimes isn't the most accurate. Its mainly popular for its easy access which I'm not sure the forums will ever be able to replicate on mobile devices....

By contrast the forum provides more of a community, organises events, shares and helps each other and is a data archive that can be accessed and used to research. Unlike Facebook forums it allows you to search for past threads and info and access them which Facebook will never allow you to do.

I regularly use both and think they're great and can't see one being the end of the other, I think there's more active pages then the Z club one linked above though which are used very regularly.

Just my 2p.

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
I regularly use both and think they're great and can't see one being the end of the other, I think there's more active pages then the Z club one linked above though which are used very regularly.

100% correct both have their place for people but both can only be kept fresh and interesting by numerous peoples input

vipergts

Well-Known Forum User
I'm an avid user of both, but I have dropped certain forums now in favour of FB as it's so much easier and often get a quicker response from a wider audience

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
100% correct both have their place for people but both can only be kept fresh and interesting by numerous peoples input

Agreed - it works for us over here especially for outings/meetings. Also, a great way to inter-change between Z members all over Europe and the world.

It doesn't replace the club forum, it compliments it but needs input.

Curiously enough Steve, your statement quoted above also applies to a club magazine/regular newsletter.:)

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Agreed - it works for us over here especially for outings/meetings. Also, a great way to inter-change between Z members all over Europe and the world.

It doesn't replace the club forum, it compliments it but needs input.

Curiously enough Steve, your statement quoted above also applies to a club magazine/regular newsletter.:)

Agree 100% whether it be an annual review or a more regular online production but what for that to happen there is a need for some newer blood to come forward and say oh I have the time and motivation to take that and other tasks on at a regular interval

Woody928

Events Officer
Staff member
Club Member
Agree 100% whether it be an annual review or a more regular online production but what for that to happen there is a need for some newer blood to come forward and say oh I have the time and motivation to take that and other tasks on at a regular interval

Drop me a PM with what sort of help your after, I may be stupid enough to put my hand up depending on the job in question.... I certainly meant what I said before with regards to helping with next years calendar and I qualify as new and young blood :D