Engerland Engerland Engerland

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
Come on the boys

F144.JPEG

Flags at half mast then boys, never mind its only a game. The overpaid ESN's can have another go in 4 years time when it will be 44 years since they won it, a new record for England though, thats something to be proud of. Adrian

The bloody Portugese! If I ever bump into Ronaldo I'll lump him, it's no way to win a game, the ref should have yellow carded Ronaldo as well.

Come on Brasil!!!!!

adrianfr said:
Flags at half mast then boys, never mind its only a game. The overpaid ESN's can have another go in 4 years time when it will be 44 years since they won it, a new record for England though, thats something to be proud of. Adrian

Oh well Adrian
At least I will be cheering on a couple of drivers tomorrow
Why you might ask?
Because they are British
Doubt that they will win but hey will not slag them off with snide remarks if they don't even though they earn a fortune

I agree - It's about time footballers started playing like professionals and not a load of snivelling schoolboys. The England team played like a load of pratts and Rooney hasn't played a good five minutes in any of the games he played in. I don't feel sorry for the England team, they got what they deserved - I feel sorry for the English public who have such a load of wimps representing them in front of the whole world.

Dave

Feel sorry for the lads playing under that negative uranus, under the circumstances they did well.

MB260Z said:
Feel sorry for the lads playing under that negative uranus, under the circumstances they did well.

How very British........I'd rather call a pratt a pratt.

Russ you are right they did play sportsman like but that isn't good enough these days and Rooney was a pratt to do what he did even though he was being tugged at. On a final note it is time we learned how to take penalties knowing our track record.

I'd sooner we lost and played in a dignified manor than lower ourselves to their level to win. There's no glory in winning by cheating is there. Rooney may have been a pratt, but it was a yellow card for the shove at best.

Well our penalties weren't too bad, their keeper was awesome though. He flew like superman.

So long as Portugal don't win the world cup I'm happy.

True their goalie was pretty impressive, although I sometimes wonder if we ever practice taking penalties! I mean, how often have we gone out like that???

And as for Rooney. Sorry, but he's a yobbo who gets paid a fortune because he comes up with occasional flashes of brilliance on the football field. Once he learns some level-headedness he'll be much more useful.

I wish I could **** up as often or turn in as lacklustre a performance as some of these lads and still get their money.

And yes, we do play like gentlemen more than the opposition usually does, but look how far it gets us....

Hi,
Although we have good individual players, the Management of England didn't seem to know how to play them in the best formation, or be able to change tactics when needed!
We should have done better against a fairly poor Portugese team!
Will anything change when Sven's sidekick, Maclaren takes over though???

France showed how to play international football last night against Brazil!!

Yes they did but they were lucky to even to be in the 1/4s but a lot of sport is won with luck on your side,you have got to grab it when you can.

This is the worst world cup I can remember, and my first was the 66 one (I was 2 but still remember the final!)

Sven has always been shit
they had no pace (where was Walcott?)
no ideas
beckham looks as tired as the rest of them
only a few players looked like internationals to me....

TERRY
FERDINAND
NEVILLE
HARGREAVES ( now theres a turn up for the books..)
ROONEY

..the rest looked like has beens or burn out players in need of a rest or promising up and coming lads who should be in the B team (wot ever happended to B internationals?)....like LENNON etc...

Come on you Wales, Si

Back