Datsun 240z 1972 £23000

ttd322

Forum User
I have for sale my 1972 .pristine condition and highly collectable Datsun 240Z. A matching engine number car, imported to the UK from America via Lithuainia now with V5 and MOT.
The car has had a complete rebuild inc. Engine rebuild and bare.metal windows out re-spray. In 918 burnt orange which so they say was best selling colour of 1972 people love it.
The car can legitimately be described as totally 'FANTASTIC in every respect. When buying A 240z check under the battery, It is extremely rare to find a 240Z that is rust free - but I can assure you this is the the case with this car. Every seam and spot weld is correct with perfect shut lines and surface.
Mileage is showing 50000 miles on the clock (Engine has been rebuilt . So I would say mileage is 150,000 .The car was brought back to life by Kastytis Sesdas he's from Lithuania he lives and breathes Zs he also races a 260z (you can check him out on Face Book. My car has been appreciated by Duncan Pearce of the Renowned Zfarm . Also admired by Trevor of Classic and Iconic cars Leeds
Trevor fitted new refurbished and re jetted carbs.
I have had the car for 3. Years, and during this time I have converted it from USA spec to Euro spec .This includes Euro rear lights clear side lamp markers and passengers door mirror. I have a comprehensive photo record of all the work carried out.
I have improved the car in many ways As a USA car you will quickly realise the uk/euro spec is a lot better.So 5 new tyres then 5 speed gearbox 6 into 1 exhaust manifold into a 50mm stainless steel exhaust Also the radiator was blocked so in with a new 1 next radiator electric fan. New coil and condenser Then it's time for a road trip.
Let's take him from Leeds to the Algarve and back 2400 miles round trip with no problems.
The car in my view is in in excellent condition,
I don't think I need to say much about the Datsun 240Z. They are super cars to drive and own. Simple, basic and robust mechanicals combined with excellent road manners. Prices for 240z's have risen over the last few years - and I do see the trend continuing for outstanding examples. I'm in no hurry to sell - and will keep if need be.
If you've read this far, you will know yourself how rarely these cars in a this standard comes up for sale - any inspection welcome. My number is +447984148705 do call me for any other information you would like.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• tdd322z e.PNG.JPG
    tdd322z e.PNG.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 284
  • tdd322z a.JPG
    tdd322z a.JPG
    121 KB · Views: 263
  • tdd322z c.PNG
    tdd322z c.PNG
    339.6 KB · Views: 281
  • tdd322z b.JPG
    tdd322z b.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 79
  • tdd322z f..JPG
    tdd322z f..JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
please bare with us as Tim contacted me this afternoon explaining he was having trouble putting Photos up and I will be trying to edit them in later tonight

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
If it’s as fantastic as he says I’ll start the bidding (given there is no set price) at 10,000 of the finest British pounds

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Ooh la, la - the primary-pipe welds on that Janspeed 6-2 !

Has the suspension been upgraded to Euro spec ?

Good luck with the sale - worth it all the way.

IbanezDan51

Well-Known Forum User
Bargain! Looks great. Looks as if it’s had a bolted in battery tray in its life so has been replaced at some point.