Circular discussion.

oz-ting

Well-Known Forum User
:conf2:

I just bought those some wheels & tyre's off a very nice man. When we tried then on my 73 stock height 240z they looked great but for one thing! Due to the back wheels being wider they were wearing 245/ 50 tyre's (on a 16" rim) and the fronts are wearing 215/50 tire's. This has the effect of making the car ever so slightly look like a competitor in the wacky races. So we came to the conclusion that dropping the profile on the rear tyres would balance this out. Using a tyre calculator I found that this was going to be easy to work out. Then found myself missing one vital answer! What was the original tyre gracing a stock 240z of this age? It came with 185/70 14's on I had a spare set of wheels & tyres from my old 260z which I put on which were 195/70/14. The CD workshop manual I have says they should be 175/70/14. I'm guessing the manual is right but that would have been pretty skinny by todays standard. So thought I would seek a second opinion. Anyone Know for sure??
PS the 245/50/16's will be coming up for sale if anyone is interested. They are like new ' BRIDGESTONE POTENZA GIII' tyres with maybe a mile on them at most. :conf2: