Any issues with these?

AliK

Vehicle Dating Officer
Staff member
Club Member
They won't be fun to clean, eh? ;)

But they do look nice! Having the deep dish look on mine, I think will look great.

Not rally the answer to your questions though, I appreciate.

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
not to be the voice of doom and gloom but in the vw scene many people buy sub £120 a wheel alloys and end up with cracks, buckels and even wheelnuts pulling through the cheaply made chinese rubbish.
although if they are only for show use and you are carefull then these wheels are ok.
i have lensos on my vw and after hitting a not very deep pothole i buckled one.
happily though because they are quite cheap i just bought another wheel.
not sure how they would hold up if i hit something on the moterway though.

morbias

Well-Known Forum User
While they might not be regarded as a top tier manufacturer, Rotas certainly aren't 'cheaply made Chinese rubbish', and they're also tested to the same VIA and JWL standards as other manufacturers such as Volk...

johnymd

Club Member
There has been a lot of talk about Rota's not being that strong. I've also run mine at speed and with high cornering forces and not had any problems. I must admit though, I don't go whacking into curb's or drifting on the streets. Most of my fun is on the track and the ones I go to don't have many curbs.

andrew muir

Club Member
I don't think they will fit with that offset, requires a zero or + -10 off set
To fit at the front.
I have 15x 7" zero offset and I have about 1cm clearence to the strut..

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
While they might not be regarded as a top tier manufacturer, Rotas certainly aren't 'cheaply made Chinese rubbish', and they're also tested to the same VIA and JWL standards as other manufacturers such as Volk...

Whilst Rota wheels might be perfectly good enough for everyday use, it has been established that many of the Rota wheels which carry (Japanese industry standard) VIA and JWL compliance markings have in fact not passed VIA and JWL inspections. The inference is that they are using the claims of compliance and certification illegally.

Accordingly, such wheels are not officially imported and sold in the Japanese market. Private import only.

Just FYI.

richiep

Club Member
not to be the voice of doom and gloom but in the vw scene many people buy sub £120 a wheel alloys and end up with cracks, buckels and even wheelnuts pulling through the cheaply made chinese rubbish.
although if they are only for show use and you are carefull then these wheels are ok.
i have lensos on my vw and after hitting a not very deep pothole i buckled one.
happily though because they are quite cheap i just bought another wheel.
not sure how they would hold up if i hit something on the moterway though.

Might that not also be due to dub scene cars often being stanced to the max with next to no functional suspension? :rolleyes: :devil:

The online Rota hate IMO is largely ill-informed snobbery and people repeating what they've "heard" elsewhere. Plus, I suspect people are more willing to talk about breaking a £500 set of Rotas and blaming the wheel than they would be talking about breaking some ££££ Volks, Watanabes, Hayashis, etc., where they might get flak for being a **** driver...