240/260 rear spoiler

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Hello all,

I've just got hold of a three piece rear spoiler for my project 240 (the one that looks like a wider and taller BRE job but the ends bolt to the rear wings and only the centre section opens with the tailgate). I was wondering how rare it is because I've seen photos but I don't think I've ever seen one for real.

Any others around?

Cheers,

Tony

Dave B

Well-Known Forum User
Imsa spoiler?
I got one with my car, but didn't like it and took it to the tip. Then saw people on a US z Facebook group say the original PU (not fibreglass) ones were worth silly money......Doh.

SeanDezart

Well-Known Forum User
Rare because it's perhaps not often chosen to fit upon one's Z.....personal taste ?

Commercially available today.

Tony 260Z

Club Member
Mine's the fibreglass version so not megabucks but I like it. Have to see whether I change my mind once it's on the car! I'm after a fairly hardcore look so fingers crossed!

SacCyclone

Club Member
One of my cars had that type of spoiler. Here is a pic of it.
3o6iNrw

Mr.F

Inactive
Inspired by the '70z Camaro IMSA spoiler. Used one on my V8 240Z back in '83 - centre section shortened and side pieces radically reformed to Z contours. I like it better with the rounded corners.

scan0004.jpg

I have an unused centre section knocking around if anyone wants it...

Albrecht

Well-Known Forum User
Origin of the species:

The IMSA cars would not have been allowed to use it - or their 'version' of it - if it hadn't been homologated for race use. It was designed, tested, built and used in Japan by Nissan before it went anywhere else (or before anyone else copied it...).