1983 280 zx 2 seater

erol

Forum User
Hi Guy's,

I've not been on here for a long time, but looking for a reason.

Can anyone advise on the value of a 1983 280zx 2 seater? Low mileage, looks clean on top, auto, but has sat for 7 years.

Needs tyres, service, prob shocks and bushes to freshen up. This is without even starting up or driving the thing.

Any idea what is fair to offer for this?

Cheers

Rob Gaskin

Treasurer
Staff member
Site Administrator
erol, that's too difficult to quantify. You need to post pictures and get it started. A reasonable car of that spec is only worth a grand IMO if it's stood for 7 years etc But a bad one is worth next to nothing!

pmac

Well-Known Forum User
Hi Guy's,

I've not been on here for a long time, but looking for a reason.

Can anyone advise on the value of a 1983 280zx 2 seater? Low mileage, looks clean on top, auto, but has sat for 7 years.

Needs tyres, service, prob shocks and bushes to freshen up. This is without even starting up or driving the thing.

Any idea what is fair to offer for this?

Cheers

Is it LHD???

erol

Forum User
The car is RHD and auto.

I did not take any pictures at the time.

The owner is insisting that the car is one of only three. Apparently paul young had one, some coke dealer somewhere had the other.

The original colour of the car was black with a silver bonnet, he did not like this so he had the car sprayed in Silver.

Not sure if this helps :(

STEVE BURNS

Club Member
The car is RHD and auto.

I did not take any pictures at the time.

The owner is insisting that the car is one of only three. Apparently paul young had one, some coke dealer somewhere had the other.

The original colour of the car was black with a silver bonnet, he did not like this so he had the car sprayed in Silver.

Not sure if this helps :(
Maybe the owner is also related to some coke dealer somewhere:rolleyes:

Mr.F

Inactive
A RHD 1983 280ZX 2 seater could easily be one of three in the UK - I can only think of two (and one of those has just left for Australia...).

Richardc

Forum User
Hia Erol,

Have a look under the carpets and flitches etc!!...
if its on the way to being a 'Weet a bix' (Rotton) leave it alone!!...
It took me weeks of cutting out rot, welding and changing panels so be carefull
Look at the brake lines aswell...if its low mileage its stood, and if its stood was it in a dry dock??

Cheers..