z31 2+2 project

Stevey

Active Forum User
Right well where do i start , I originally bought this while very drunk on ebay one night ...... It was originally a N/A automatic with only 2 gears so didnt get of to the best start .

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0189.jpg

Rear sub frame bushs where completly knackered so got some poly ones fitted and finally changed the Auto box to a manual conversion , Completly changed how the car drives and feels ,

I fitted some lowering springs which i picked up for 20 pounds brand new on ebay and a cheap set of alloys with brand new tyres for 100 just to do me for now

IMAG0356.jpg

And just this weekend i finished stripping a yellow 2+2 turbo for the engine and rear subframe and a few body panels , Would of kept it but the floor pan was made of rust and filler :( another one dies

IMAG0372.jpg

IMAG0383.jpg

I shall be selling most of the bits i dont need so if anybody needs anything let us know ,

The plan is to rebuilt the engine and clean it all up and fitted it to my blue shell , Which is currently being prepped for paint , Thinking midnight purple but not a 100% yet

WOW nice one. Where did you find the turbo model? I remember the Blue one as it was posted for sale in retrorides. Keep us updated...

A local friend of mine originally picked it up , No idea where from . The engine was going to go into a 260z i believe

Right finally got rid of the yellow one :( went to the scrap yard in the end , Got to clear out my old mini project before i can start with the engine , But will give it a full rebuild and a clean before finally spraying the 300zx a new color , Pretty sold on midnight purple atm

Got most of yellow other stuff for sale on classfields if anybody needs any bits

A small update , Havent done alot tbh been busy finishing of my classic mini ive been restoring for the past 2 years

Been copied and pasted from another forum so excuse any bits that dont make sense :D

Removed the whole engine , box , crossmember , suspension etc in one this weekend
Start
IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

IMAG0399.jpg

IMAG0400.jpg

IMAG0401.jpg

Also found a huge spider , Turned out to be a house spider but still he was aggressive
IMAG0398.jpg

Engines gonna sit in the garage for abit , Will be rebuild and cleaned up

Bought some new wheels although cant fit them for a while as no tyres atm
IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0003.jpg

Gonna paint them not sure on a color yet , Maybe still black and i need some spacers

Also still have loads of bits from the z31 yellow breaker i had , Will be putting them on ebay soon so if you need anything let me know

Funny you should say that , They turned up today , 25mm spacers :) Wheels are being repainted aswell as the paint is flaking off

Been abit quiet on here recently just been getting the turbo engine ready to fit , And spraying the engine bay in prep for the whole car , But as the cars ment to be at JAE in september only the bay will be sprayed

On another note i will be selling a N/A engine and manual gearbox soon , Will need to shift quickly

Been a while since ive updated on here ,

Excuse any mistakes being copy from another forum and theres always something that goes wrong .....

A few pictures of some stuff i forgot to put up
IMAG0042.jpg

Dirty
IMAG0043-1.jpg

After a quick clean will give it abit more effort next week
IMAG0044.jpg

Finally tonight i spend my evening removing the water pump and cambelt of the old engine ( was new less than 2000 miles ago) didnt wanna waste them
Gotta start on the bay thursday ready for the weekend

Finally sprayed the engine bay , Colors not to everyones taste but i like it so im happy
Saturday i prepped it and primered any bare metal etc
IMAG0050.jpg

IMAG0051.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

Garage is looking a mess :(
IMAG0053.jpg

Today i covered everything up and got the 3-4 coats of paint on
IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4425.jpg

IMG_4426.jpg

The color doesnt work well on camera , I think its the sunlight but the color is actually cadburys Purple

Got most of the work finished this weekend , Just gotta fit the clutch pedal and make the exhaust , fill it up with oil and see if it runs
Weather didnt help :(
IMAG0060.jpg

The mass of wiring and vacum pipes were a nightmare , Specially as half of them have gone rock hard and cracked
IMAG0063.jpg

IMAG0064.jpg

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0066-1.jpg

Hopefully be fully back to driving it from 1st of september , About time cant be bothered with getting rained on my bike anymore

Thats the last of the pictures but the car has been running well right up to last week , as ive taken it off the road so i can fit the brake conversion and start work on a completly fab'd up SS 3" exhaust , then im gonna make some s13 coilovers fit as i cant seem to find any z31 for a good deal .

Also managed to find a strut brace for it , Abit of a rare find

Back