Z Club Drag Race Challenge - Final Round

Mr.F

Inactive
We were blessed with great weather again for today's final round of the Drag Challenge - shame the Pod crew took so long prepping the track for the huge numbers of competitors (that's everyone, not the Z Club turn-out!) and also marred by numerous breakages and time-outs for cleaning up the oil and debris...

However, our results as follows:

Class 1:
Mike Brown 240Z - 15.85 @ 88.72 mph. Best reaction time 0.4545

Class 5:
Rob Smith 12.9145 @ 114.77. RT 0.5506
Paul Hopkinson 13.2484 (another personal best!!) @ 106.26. RT 0.4431
Andy Isherwood 13.9858 @ 102.90. RT 0.5100

Spectator with Z:
Me 350Z

Spectator without Z:
Matt Bannister
John Palmer
Jon Mason

Results posted shortly and Championship positions announced!

Sorry i didn't make it guys, i was busy fabbing up brackets to lower the suframe. Loads of problems and i was in till 10pm last night still working on it.

I'll be aiming for a shakedown before the end of the yerar so possibly catch you there.

Looking forward to beating you all next year :D lol

For any one new to Santa Pod Sunday would have put them off for life. I ran out of the will to live after two runs about 5 hours in the queue and about 26 seconds on the track. No wonder the RTs are slow after that time waiting.

Info passed on to Rob H. who compiles the table - he will update shortly. I think 13.24 just displaces Richard Newton and makes you #20!

Be ready for a Nidge comeback in 2011, in a Z32 :)

Gonna push the bitch to death and beyond. (or maybe mid-15s :eek: )

Just a curious question for all the calculators out there.....

Theoretically, with a "good" driver, what could 370BHP +-10% give an optimum strip time???

Any ideas?

Back