Worrying article -food for thought?

richiep

Club Member
Just found this article being discussed on a thread over at pistonheads.com. It could be a degree of alarmism but it does provide food for thought in terms of the future of classic motoring (in terms of meddling lefty lentilism) and indeed the problems facing autojumbling, as was made clear by the situation at last year's JAE.

Read and comment as you see fit....

http://img239.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img239&image=scarycopy4xx.gif

Want centralised Government (but not in the UK, in Brussels)? Want a nanny state? Want to get taxed and fined off the road? Then vote for Mr Blair and his cronies.

I usually keep politics out of my posts for a good reason (like religion, it starts too many fights), but for goodness sake this is ******* ridiculous...

What gets banned next? Rock music? Pets? Talking while driving?

I was told by a geezer in a pub the other day ( was also in a national newspaper THE S*N , so it must be true ) the government intend to scrap all two seater cars because there is a high risk of lower back dammage when fat people try to produce children in them.:p

Hi,
Who introduced GATSO's in 1991?.........You can't trust any politicians!...Be they Tory, Labour, whoever!
Cheerz,
JEZ

Anarchy?,revolt? uprising? look at the palava surrounding the
Fox hunt brigade..........................Any government party are
a bunch of two-faced loser's.
the article is certainly worrying 'prohibition' on classic's?
DJZ 60.:cool:

There was also talk all motorbike and sidecars will be banned because there are less than 250 000 of them in Europe, and the statistics database the gov use can't handle the low number. So rather than fix the computer system just ban the vehicle...

Can't remember who said it, but...

"The desire to be a politician should instantly disqualify a person from ever being one"

Actually, I don't think so. I think it was someone more prominent.

(What, more prominent than the man who realised the significance of 42?????)

Back