wont start!

qunvat

Well-Known Forum User
symptoms:

ticks over but wont fire! ....coil?....cant get out of garage to play with and now late for work...not good I'm missing out on my wages here!!..ARGHHH .... funny smell from engine bay but is that the incessant attempts at turning it over?

starter motor?

flooded?

I hate cars.

Si

If its turning I dont think it can be the starter motor.

Burning sounds like the coil has heated up a bit from you cranking it.

Checked that plugs are all on securely? Got fuel in it?

Si, Engine turning over at normal speed? If yes, starter/battery/power and earth cables ok!

Next check for spark and fuel.:D

....blinking eck.....put a few litres of fuel in B4 i started....coil producing spark, starter motor sounds normal......maybe it wants MORE petrol!..OR..have I flooded it?.....geeeeeeeez, ta for replies fella's

Si

Si, how long since it has run? If it has been a while it could be the carb fuel filters, sticking floats or carb inlet fuel valves.

At least with 240's and 260's we can work methodically through the old techniques of engine testing - getting fuel, getting spark etc etc

I took a look under the bonnet of my Z32 and just thought "****-me, where would I start if I had a problem?!"

Answer.... the AA!!!!

And do you mean it ticks over (runs but won't rev) or turns over (but doesn't fire)?

Two very different things!

Tony 260Z said:
And do you mean it ticks over (runs but won't rev) or turns over (but doesn't fire)?Two very different things!

Cheers Tone...and all.......it was flooded!....took plugs out and left for an hour and hey presto!

Nice on Si...

Back