wolfies

robert I

Forum User
Hi qunvat,
just seen your shiny wolfies and wondered where you got the new nuts
from?
Also what is the best size tyres to fit ,keeping the speedo accurate,
don't want to get zapped by the local gatso.

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob...in fact the nuts were very rusty!...so i used some KRUST (i think) which makes rust paintable...then some chrome paint...BUT do not use too many layers or you may have trouble re fitting them!.....you'll also invariably peel some paint off so touch up later...

On the tyre sizes thang , well that very much depends on the size of your Wolfies...dont make the mistake i did (i've made many i assure you) when i bought new tyres for my 'starfish' wheels.......i've now got 6.5 x 14 wheels with 205 x 60's on front and 225 x 60's on back....at 60 mph+ the steering wheel wobbles like hell (never did B4) so I'm pressuming the balance needs looking at.Dont know exactly how to calculate my speedo as the tyres are different sizes.....look here though...

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Si. p.s. i couldnt get that link working just now?!! anyone?

try this http://www.davmac.demon.co.uk/tyresize.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
ive got some 7x14 for sale with brand new nuts/no tyres and will require refurb
anyone interested can call me on my mobile 07980 606914

Hi Steven,

could be just what I am after,
where abouts are you
and most importantly how much do you want for them.

I am at work (not easy to make a call)
Could ring you tonight.

Rob

hi rob i am based in bromley in kent.
for the four wheels and the new nuts im asking £120.00p
there are the centres with them, but would suggest getting new ones from will at datsun owners club
you can call me tonight, anytimes fine
regards steve

Do 7x14 Wolfies fit OK?

No problems on the wheelarches and what is the best tyre
comdination e.g. 225x60 R 205x60 F ????:confused:

Thanks Rob

rob i would double check tyre option choices depending on whether you have standard struts and springs or coil overs mike feeney could tell you on 01277 374201 MJP
re courier i have figures left message at home 4 you or call the mob mike AT MJP can also get new centres with z logos on them , ask him
cheers steve

I have 7x14 wolfies with 225/60 on the back and 195/70 on the front. No probs at all. Stock suspension. Would prolly rub at back if lowered.

TL

Back