Wiring

vpulsar

Well-Known Forum User
Can anybody do me an idiots guide to the under bonnet wiring please, I'm just starting to look at wiring up the engine and their is quite a few plugs that I've no idea what to do with, I've worked out the wiper motor plug and that's about it :(:confused:.

Their is no point me looking at the wiring diagram because it's just a load of squiggles on a page to me, I've sorted out the coil but will need to change that to suit my new coil and MSD box but I have instructions for that.

My car being an early 73/74 260 has thrown up some anomalies to the norm, So anybody that can tell me what plug does what would be greatly appreciated, I just wish their was someone local to me that could bring their working car over for me to look at.

Has anybody fitted different modern gauges in the old pods, If so how easy a job was it ?.

Rob

Hi Rob ,, I have the factory diagrams and service manual including simple diagnostic checks that are a huge help. pm me your email and ill forward to you soon as :) If needed I can interpret for you and give you an idea where to look for what plug etc , but the factory diagnostics are really good include pics etc :thumbs:

mines is a 72/73 240,you are welcome to come and have a look.sorry i cant take it to you,as it hasnt turned a wheel in 9 years. i dont think the wiring has been mucked around with ,but i could be wrong.bring a camera.

mines is a 72/73 240,you are welcome to come and have a look.sorry i cant take it to you,as it hasnt turned a wheel in 9 years. i dont think the wiring has been mucked around with ,but i could be wrong.bring a camera.

OK John I'll give you a call and arrange a good time to pop over and have a look see :thumbs::D.

Rob

Hi Rob,,my email has thrown a wobbly! :( I think you can still find the free download at xenon.com ,, Otherwise it may be a few days before I can fix mine . :cheers:

Hi Rob,,my email has thrown a wobbly! :( I think you can still find the free download at xenon.com ,, Otherwise it may be a few days before I can fix mine . :cheers:

LoL I did get something today I'm just about to have a look.

Rob

Hi Rob,
You may have seen it but if not try: http://carfiche.com/manuals023/cars/

This is a link to a '73 FSM for a 240Z, if its not there for download right now, check back another time and it probably will be.

Its in pdf format so takes a while to print, did mine on the works pc when the boss was away last week. I'm all for work supporting my hobby, even when they don't know about it!

Anyway you'll find the diagrams easy to follow (well as easy as a wiring diagram ever can be). Much better than the Haynes examples, they were really making my head hurt..:banghead:

Martin

Back