Windscreen insert

ozting

Well-Known Forum User
Does anyone know if the windscreen insert that is like a chrome effect plastic is uniform, by that I mean the same as used in other cars with the same style of screen fit. Mini, MG etc or is it unique to datsun? I have both front and back missing off mine and want to replace. Also there were chrome corner pieces I seem to remember, can anyone shed light on these??

Many thanks

Does anyone know if the windscreen insert that is like a chrome effect plastic is uniform, by that I mean the same as used in other cars with the same style of screen fit. Mini, MG etc or is it unique to datsun? I have both front and back missing off mine and want to replace. Also there were chrome corner pieces I seem to remember, can anyone shed light on these??

Many thanks

the front and rear trim is NOT chrome effect plastic.
Its stainless steel.Including the corner pieces.
its unique to the car.
It is easily damaged/bent. Once bent/kinked... its scrap! Many many people destroy it by taking it out wrongly:unsure:
The front set is still available new. Check with MrF.. He might not want to ship it.;)
The rear set is not available new.

i tried the plastic route from three different suppliers none where even close. i think i have some origional corner pieces let me know if your interested. i would check the cost of the main sections you need first i would imagine ££££.

Thanks

the front and rear trim is NOT chrome effect plastic.
Its stainless steel.Including the corner pieces.
its unique to the car.
It is easily damaged/bent. Once bent/kinked... its scrap! Many many people destroy it by taking it out wrongly:unsure:
The front set is still available new. Check with MrF.. He might not want to ship it.;)
The rear set is not available new.

Cheers
I will check with Mike and see what he says can't imagine it been cheap some how:bow:

Thanks for the offer of corner pieces too I will come back to you after I speak to Mike

Back