what price a 1978 260z

erratic

New Forum User
hi
ive been offered a 260z  mot's out in a couple of months  she  drives and bodywork is fair  it will be my first  Z (i ride a motorbike mostly and wanted her as a project \ someday\sunday type car what is a fair price and what apart from rust should i be looking for  she also comes with a spare engine and a shed load of spares are these worth having as i dont have a lot of storage space
many thanks
Dave

More info please.  Buying a Zed is not a simple process.
Year?  Price?  2seater/2+2?  Sunroof?  Standard all steel body?  Type of wheels? Interior?  Bumpers?  Etc......
Spares???  what spares?
LOcation (roughly) in Britain? of you and car.

well its 1978
2+2
sunroof
all steel body wellit probably is mostly steel with bits of filler
havnt gone round it properly yet
it  drives well apart from 2nd and £rd being a bit notchy

Dec MOT
IT has odd sized tyres  195 /60 front 225/60 rear but the rims look the same  so probably are

the spares are and engine that turns over by hand so ???dunno about the insides of it  steering rack and loads of boxes of bits i guess there was a second car at one point and i get the lot apart from the bodywork

as for price he doesnt know what to ask  i was thinking of offering a  few hundred Quid

and i live near Bath  
He is a workmate so its local to me

Read Mike Feeny's excellent piece in this forum under the topic called 240Z buying soon What to look for.  started by Russ. and also other stuff by me n others.
Remember the 260 2+2 is the least valued of the early series Zeds.  Also sunroofs are a no go area for many people(like me).

My personal opinion here (not facts) is that this car is worth very little indeed.  I recently offered £250 for a similar car.(but was turned down)
Proceed with extreme caution. Get expert help before you buy, not after.
Most of the spares are probably worthless or worth VERY little.
I recentley threw away a 260 half engine, and have got another one that will soon suffer the same fate.

Back