What goes here?

Tee

Well-Known Forum User
Hi guys, I've just realised some kind of vacuum pipe is missing as you can see in the first pic, it's just under throttle body.

This is what I'd have thought it's connected to and someone has blocked it off.

Any ideas?

The rear connector with the blanking cover is correct. It is the take-off point for the auto box vacuum modulator and the spigot serves some vacuum controlled emissions device that we don't have on U.K. models.

Is the front one for your distributor vacuum advance pipe? This would be the only small bore vacuum pipe on a U.K. manual car. Otherwise it would be for the EGR valve on "other" market cars, so should be capped off like the rear one you show. U.K. cars don't have an active EGR, but the position where it would be fitted is covered by a blanking plate at the rear of the inlet manifold.

cheers Mike, so your saying best to cap it off?

This may be completely unrelated but I do occasionally get a mis-fire, and I know in some of these vacuum pipes there's restrictors controlling vacuum to dizzy so could that be throwing out my timing by allowing in air?

If you already have a vacuum connection to the distributor, then the one in the photo is not required and should be capped.
Any air leak will affect the mixture and could lead to mis-fire.

Back