Wet Z!

JEZ 280ZX

Well-Known Forum User
Hi,
Everytime I've got my 280ZX out of the garage this week it's rained!:(

wet_z_2.jpg

I resorted to polishing just the left hand side of the car yesterday, between rain showers!....I could then park it in the garage up against the wall and finish the rest off without getting rained on! :D :thumbs:

This is so true! The first full day my car was back on the road (the second day of the Tatton Show in June) it rained mercilessly for most of the day. Southport show was mingingly cold and windy (but at least didn't rain much). The car is not yet up in Wilmslow fulltime (builders have let us down again over laying the garage base...) but everytime I have it up here for a few days, it rains like mad. So, that's what I can look forward to next week when it is here then...

Unfortunately my nice, expensive fitted breathable cover seems to have lost a lot of its waterproofing abilities, meaning the car gets soaked to some degree whether or not it is covered...

I hope Oulton Park Gold Cup isn't a wash out. :(

Bloody British Weather.

If we all worried about getting our cars wet, they'd never leave the garage

Nice...

Nice lookin' 280 You have there Jez ! I've forgotten what mine look's like &
its good to see a Z thats being lovingly cared for.
The colours also growing on me Cheerzzz DJZ 60.:thumbs:

280z/zx

A great Z in it's own right. Undeservedly taken for granted & shoved aside in the accolades department. Do remember The 280zx was years
ahead of its time & had technical innovations,fiitings that were mind blowing when seen for the first time. A great relative of my 260Z.
DJZ 60.:cool:

Nice looking 280 Jez and an interesting colour, I've never seen that colour on a Z before.

And it p1ssed down all day up here in sunny Aberdeenshire as well lol.

Rob

Hi,
The colour of my 280ZX was dark wine red metallic, a standard colour in it's day.
The car previously had a two tone paint scheme with the lower part of the body painted a champagne colour.The upper part of the bodywork is a slightly browner shade than it's meant to be.If I get the bodywork painted, I will get the slightly redder standard shade reinstated.

Attachments

• twotone280zx.jpg
    twotone280zx.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 9
Hi,
Took my 280ZX to work today, as the sun was actually out!...Makes a change!:thumbs:

dryz3.jpg

dryz.jpg

The intention was to drive home with the targas out, now I haven't got to worry about the headlining slapping me on the back of the head and showering me with dust!:cool:

Back