Waxoyl

barnaby

Active Forum User
I am down in Bristol and am trying to find a place that will steam clean and Waxoyl the underside of my 260Z, inject the cavities etc in preparation for winter. Even my mechanic can't find anywhere that does this. There's a place called The Waxworks up north but they don't cover the south west.

Any thoughts?

Barnaby

racer

Club Member
Stop!!
Watever you do do not steam clean the underside of your car. All you will succeed in doing is helping any existing rust to grow. As for the Waxoyl yes it is an excellent product that i have used on several of my Datsuns. There are however two types. The first is as it's name suggests a type of liquid wax. To use it you will need to place the gallon tin in a large bucket of boiling water to make it nice and runny. This will ensure it runs into all the hard to reach places on the car. To do this you need to by the spray gun and aplicator tube (About£15) from Halfords. However you must do the job on a hot sunny day, otherwise the cold metal of your car will solidifiy the wax very quickley! The other product is a type of protective paint/underseal. You can use any make of stone chip protection overpainted with good old Hamerite. The only way you know it's done properley is to do it yourself. Once you've bought the stuff you can reedo the wax every year for Max protection. Hope this is usefull.