Warning about Nissan OEM radiator caps!

MarkH

Well-Known Forum User
I saw a post a while ago someone put up about their replacement rad cap they bought from Nissan which was defective.

I had bought one and put it on the car while John was working on it, I noticed it didn't seem to engage correctly like the old one!

In fact it wasn't sitting correctly on the radiator and was at an angle!

Warning this could lead to a loss of coolant/engine overheating and potentially a new engine required!

I compared the old and the new one and on the new the retaining lugs were too small, this meant one side did not engage properly on the rad and popped loose.

I have ordered a nismo one and touch wood it will fit better!

Mike can you possible see if this is a Nissan Problem or wrong rad cap prob, as far as I know there is only one rad cap for the zed?

Hi Mark,

I'm pretty sure it must be a defective cap, as I thought as far as Nissan rads went, it's pretty much a one-size-fits-all ..

Hope so, since the Greddy cap I bought for my Z32 is now sitting very nicely on my Z33, ditto the oil cap! :D

CheerZ,
JB.

I've compared the OEM part with the Nismo version from current stock and both are identical - the lugs project in exactly the same way / distance. Looks like you may have received a rogue cap, Mark. As a check, the OEM part number I stock is 21430-54P00.

Back