Video debut for my white Z.

Your car looks great but tbh I wouldn't want a pressure washer near my Z. I get nervous when I see rain coming :D

Your car looks great but tbh I wouldn't want a pressure washer near my Z. I get nervous when I see rain coming :D
Tbh, I would hate to see the state of your paint. I have got another car that was 'treated' to dry washing only by the previous owner and it took a huge amount of correction to get the paint anywhere near right.

I do avoid salty months and try not to get caught out in the rain, but the Z remains one of the cleanest I have seen despite actually being used and washed regularly. :thumbs:

When you say 'dry washing' - what do you mean?

Just seen the video - what a great looking car! White really suits the shape I think.

When I saw the foam gun I was kinda hoping some girls would make an appearance so I'm feeling a little disappointed. Car does look good though.

When you say 'dry washing' - what do you mean?

Just seen the video - what a great looking car! White really suits the shape I think.

In all honesty I'm not too sure. I guess he used the waterless wash / quick detailer to stop it getting wet. It looked ok on a full day but get it under good lighting and it was swirl heaven.

Here's a 50/50 of it.

Jake, what do you do to clean yours?

[QUOTE Jake, what do you do to clean yours?[/QUOTE]

Employ a pretty girl in a bikini :D

:rofl: :rofl:

Nah, I use warm water & zymol, followed by Meguiar's deep crystal carnauba wax. I also always use new micro fibre cloths & a fresh sponge(applied very lightly). All water gets applied by sponge & never under pressure as it'll find it's way into any holes, gaps & such. Pressure washing is notorious for getting water into places you don't want it. Also if you've got a cheap or old paint job the is a chance it'll blow the paint off if the pressure is to high. I must admit I do sometimes use Turtle wax Waterless wash on the sills & behind the wheels(brake dust & such(not inside the arches)) if I'm away from home and It's got a bit mucky.
My paint job feels beautiful & smoother than a babies bottom :)
I'm also going to have a crystal glass coating applied to the paint in June. It protects the paint, stops dirt & grime sticking to the paint and makes it shine like a chrome :)

I should add I'm shooting a new video for mine very soon. I've written & recorded the track, it's called 'Straight Six' and have the locations sussed. Just waiting on some better weather so we can get the filming done, then I can crack on with the edit & production.

I should add I'm shooting a new video for mine very soon. I've written & recorded the track, it's called 'Straight Six' and have the locations sussed. Just waiting on some better weather so we can get the filming done, then I can crack on with the edit & production.
Nice!

...and up for a smooth off anytime! :D

My old Mustang had paint like glass (half the reason I sold it) and it never saw water except the kind that fell from the sky sometimes ...

I used the detailer and various cloths etc - and after five years the paint was still extremely good, ie it didn't need a machine polisher on it or anything ...

Now I have the Z with a so-so US respray (!) I find it effortless to live with and so much less stressful.

I used to do part-time detailing myself. Products that we found really useful were:

Clay mitt (something good Halfords sell!):
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...iling-products/farecla-g3-body-prep-clay-mitt

Citrus pre-wash (to degrease before waxing):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valet-PRO-Citrus-Orange-Pre-Wash/dp/B007LO3NS4

Snow Foam (PH neutral):
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Valet-PRO-Neutral-Snow-Litre/dp/B005JN5V5M

(TBH, most of the Valet Pro stuff is pretty good!)

Iron X (for wheels mostly)
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carpro-iron-x-500ml/prod_726.html

If you need any pointers or kit, give me a shout, its sort of what I do for a living.

If you need any pointers or kit, give me a shout, its sort of what I do for a living.

Same here :) been a gigging musician all my life & filling in the gaps by working as an audio & video engineer. These days I own and run an audio/video studio so I can cut back on the rock n roll life style on the road :D
Saying that if you did want to get involved in the project that's cool. I'm actually shooting 3 different videos of my Z based on 3 different styles of music. All original stuff.

Back