Very expensive but highly specced 280Z for sale in France.

Mark N

Club Member

I think this one of Jakub's (Datsun Europe) old cars if I'm not mistaken.
Mind you, with the European prices of some fully restored S30s sitting at 50k - 60k euros, it maybe isn't that expensive for getting into a high power l-series engined car if you have no practical skills and would have to pay someone to do the work.
Not sure if the seller fully understood the 'Vehicle History' section. :)

I certainly looks to be better value than this '432R recreation'.

Which seems to be charging an awful lot for a black bonnet and not much else.

I'd take the 73 over the other. It has lots of JDM parts on which aren't cheap, clearly had a very good resto carried out too. I guess because it doesnt have some silly powered L series engine in it with a turbo on you class that as "not much else"?

Its super clean, for a 73 I like the storage bin delete they have done as well to make it look earlier. A lot of work has gone into that car.

Granted it has a set of Watanabes, even if they are the incorrect wheels for a recreation.
Are you talking about the "original parts we highlight the 432R exhaust" that is missing a a pipe?

Last edited:
I like the 73, some nice detail bits that they've done to create the feel.

for the 280z, is that price correct? looks like its 2-3 times the price it should be?

Both nice cars but the orange car is let down big time by the panel fit/gaps,if yer goin* to spend all that time on a car ffs get the gaps right,there was a silver 240 for sale earlier in the year and the panel fit was really bad ,and after all that work,

I certainly looks to be better value than this '432R recreation'.

Which seems to be charging an awful lot for a black bonnet and not much else.
I'd take the 73 over the other. It has lots of JDM parts on which aren't cheap, clearly had a very good resto carried out too. I guess because it doesnt have some silly powered L series engine in it with a turbo on you class that as "not much else"?

Its super clean, for a 73 I like the storage bin delete they have done as well to make it look earlier. A lot of work has gone into that car.
Granted it has a set of Watanabes, even if they are the incorrect wheels for a recreation.
Are you talking about the "original parts we highlight the 432R exhaust" that is missing a a pipe?
I like the 73, some nice detail bits that they've done to create the feel.

It's a really nice car, but its hommage to a 432-R doesn't run particularly deep. Of course, the correct drivetrain is not easy or cheap to source, but there are plenty of other things that would be relatively easy to replicate for a more accurate exterior and interior 'feel'.

Ideally you'd want to start out with an earlier car, but then add acrylic windows, correct Ikeda Bussan style cloth bucket seats, Mach steering wheel, plain (non-diamond) vinyl transmission trim, proper smooth 'Std' bumpers (coachbolts filling the trim holes in 'Dx' bumpers won't do), a proper twin pipe exhaust and a proper 100 litre tank (don't understand the '90 litre' in the listing). PZRs didn't have the 'Euro' front spoiler either.

I guess some of the detailing is down to it needing to be compliant in Portugal (front turn signals etc) but it seems to need just a little more detailing, like the non-console trans tunnel trim and the through-the-grille-visible body colour on the rad support panel. Such things are magnetic for nit-pickers like myself...

Both nice cars but the orange car is let down big time by the panel fit/gaps,if yer goin* to spend all that time on a car ffs get the gaps right,there was a silver 240 for sale earlier in the year and the panel fit was really bad ,and after all that work,

Panel fit looks acceptable to me. It's not a Porsche, after all.

It's a really nice car, but its hommage to a 432-R doesn't run particularly deep. Of course, the correct drivetrain is not easy or cheap to source, but there are plenty of other things that would be relatively easy to replicate for a more accurate exterior and interior 'feel'.

Ideally you'd want to start out with an earlier car, but then add acrylic windows, correct Ikeda Bussan style cloth bucket seats, Mach steering wheel, plain (non-diamond) vinyl transmission trim, proper smooth 'Std' bumpers (coachbolts filling the trim holes in 'Dx' bumpers won't do), a proper twin pipe exhaust and a proper 100 litre tank (don't understand the '90 litre' in the listing). PZRs didn't have the 'Euro' front spoiler either.

I guess some of the detailing is down to it needing to be compliant in Portugal (front turn signals etc) but it seems to need just a little more detailing, like the non-console trans tunnel trim and the through-the-grille-visible body colour on the rad support panel. Such things are magnetic for nit-pickers like myself...

Given the car is from Portugal, they could have built it in another 'spec' also.

The 'Nit picking' is welcome.

Didn’t notice any nit picking just a fact but both very nice cars either way,love the orange colour but bit common now days since I see my first Zed in 1996 in that colour in the states but still one of my fav colours,The lighter colours show the lines off better

Back