v8 280zx???? should i???

irishzlad

Well-Known Forum User
i bought a range rover v8 auto today (for the doors etc for my own range rover)

then i started thinking....

should i use this v8 in the 280? i was wanting a 4spd auto anyway and the engine and gearbox are out of the 280 at the minute.......

wot to do, wot to do:confused:

this is from a range rover...... they are four wheel drive....

don't i just do away with the transfer box and use the prop to the back wheels???????

if you want a v8 z speak to mike feeny hes got one for sale...his nate spent shed loads on it..... go n wave pound notes at him . i think its a tvr lump with an sd1 manual gearbox...could always supercharge or twin turbo it if it aint fast enough for ya!

nah, i've already 'imported' (to northern ireland) a l28 engine, just had a thought of using this v8 that i've stumbled on whilst getting parts for the range rover.....

Originally posted by irishzlad
this is from a range rover...... they are four wheel drive....

don't i just do away with the transfer box and use the prop to the back wheels???????

If its an auto you really want, the V8 coupled to an SD1 auto box may be the way to do it, trying to adapt the Range Rover auto box less transfer box would IMO be just too much like hard work

Tim

if you want a v8 z speak to mike feeney, he's got one for sale

Also available - the original 3.5 Rover V8 with Holley and Offy and headers to fit 240Z chassis. I also know the whereabouts of a 280ZX gearbox converted to Rover flange and a 280ZX crossmember that was set up for Rover V8 with manual rack and pinion steering conversion...new project anyone?

Back