Tyre Sizes.

nomad

Forum User
Hopefully You guys can help a newbie here!

i am currently trying to get my mums 280zx back on the road. It needs, although with other things, 4 new tires. Currently it has 205/70/14s on the rear and 195/70/14s on the front. I am told that one pair are the wrong size, due to the tire place not having the right ones after a blowout, years ago. Unfortanatly she can't remember which ones! Can anyone tell me what the correct tire sizes for the car are, on 14inch Wolfrace wheels? Thanks in advance! David.

JEZ300Z said:
Hi,
195/70 14 would have been the original fitment size.

Which were on a 6" wide rim stock 280ZX wheel
However if your Woolfrace wheels are 7" wide then a 205/70-14 will be good too. Especially on the back.

I have 225/60/14 on the 7x14 wolfies on my 260Z. I reckon that'd fill the arches on a 280ZX quite nicely too. ( NB those are 7" wheels though)

will check the width of the wheels then. :)
Is there any benefitto having wider rears? I know my old MR2 had them wider as standard, but i presume the zx didn't? Wider the better in general i am guessing? Thinking 205/60/14 front and 225/60/14 rears if the wheels are wide enough

I have four/five good Avon Turbo speed 225/60-14s for sale . Currently on 260Z wheels but I will remove to sell on own if needed.Will sell separately 2/3 also. Located near Nottingham if you are anywhere nearish?
Cheap but Collect only.

Back