TURBO!

Perry

Forum User
Just out of interest, as I don't think I can act now (unless something irresistible turns up)
-  what are the chances of getting a turboed L28 engine? I know some came with the Janspeed fitted option but just how rare are these, has anyone seen one for sale recently?
Additionally. are there any imported Nissan turbo engines in the UK that anyone knows of?
I imagine it's not going to be easy to get all the parts required for a conversion.

Finally I noticed that one car for sale in this month's For Sale list has a 'spare' turbo engine included. If you buy this car or know who does, can they please let me know what they want to do with it? I'm assuming there's a turbo in the car and an additional one spare.

Comments/ suggestions anyone?

The easiest out-of the box conversion would be to fit an RB engine to your car.

OR

You could quite easily fabricate the parts required to convert your L28E to an L28ET. A new exhaust manifold, RB25DET turbo, custom intercooler & aftermarket ECU (and ancillaries)would do the trick.

I found an SK's cast-iron J-pipe and fitted that to my internally stock L28E (I also fitted turbo head bolts). At 6-psi boost it had ~115kW at the wheels thru the auto box & 3.90 R180 diff.

DSC01170.JPG

Back