throttle rod mounting bracket

dav118118

Club Member
Hi,

Im just putting my RHD 260+2 throttle linkage back on and have noticed the throttle locating bracket bolted to the bulkhead does not line up with the throttle spindle on the inlet manifold, When the rod is placed it is at an angle and the long linkage rod going across the bulkhead will not reach the ball socket.

see attached photos for the mounting bracket I have. I don't know if this bracket changed over the years but it seems to me that if the eyelet was placed more centrally on the bracket then it would line up with the throttle spindle of the manifold.

Hope this makes sense and wonder whether anyone else has had this problem and how the overcome it.

BTW I'm reverting back from a triple carb cable operated set up to the hitatchi SU rod linkage so therefore have had to source the various linkage parts which I believed to be correct at the time until going to fit it to the car.

Thoughts?

Luke

Attachments

• throttle mount 1.JPG
    throttle mount 1.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 40
  • throttle mount 2.JPG
    throttle mount 2.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 39

Jimbo

1978 260z in yellow
Club Member
have you got a picture of it in situe?
would be easier to see what the problem is

A2Z

Well-Known Forum User
Throttle Linkage Bracket

Hopefully this helps. Here is a picture of 1978 coupe bracket, but it should be the same as on a 2+2. It does appear to be different from the one you have illustrated. There are three different part numbers for this as follows (also see scan of fiche - part #14):

18310-E4100 - L24 to 06/72
18310-N3000 - L24, L26 from 07/72 to 08/74
18310-N4500 - L26 from 09/74 on

Attachments

• Throttle Linkage.jpg
    Throttle Linkage.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 13
  • MVC-006F.JPG
    MVC-006F.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 18