Telly opportunity @ SEZ this Sunday

Tony 260Z

Club Member
I wasn't going to mention this, but...

Folks, as a result of opening my big fat gob a few weeks ago, I've become one of the focuses (or should that be focii?) of a BBC fly-on-the-wall telly programme about people and their relationships with their cars. I'm not quite sure what my 260 actually "says" about me, but in practical terms it means that I've had telly peeps filming me at home and in my Z, asking me all sort of leading questions, and generally poking around in my life.

(Look, it sounded like a good idea at the time, okay????)

ANYWAY, they're planning on filming this Sunday at the SEZ meeting too. I don't know exactly what their gameplan is but apparently they'll film me getting the car ready (I don't know either - washing/waxing/cursing the weather I suppose) and then heading over to the Halfway House. Then they film me/us standing around talking about Z's and looking knowledgable (enthusiastic/drunk/asleep etc). Then they go home with me and give my family another opportunity to continue their character assassination. You think I'm kidding...

So, that's it. Anyone who wants to get their car on telly is welcome to turn up. Midday. Sunday. Halfway House A127 Essex. The local Mondeo owners club (yes, really) go to the same pub so puh-lease let us put on a better showing!

TL

Sounds like a right laught Tony, well done mate. I wouldnt have the bottle to do that... Wanna see this when it hits the Big Screen, well ok telly :)

Alas, I wont be there that weekend. ! I would have definately come and brought one of those Hello Mum signs.. :D

Good luck and hope the weather is kind to you, I am driving to the Netherlands in the Z that weekend and its damn snowy and icy there, more like drifting to the Netherlands :D

Cheers George, and I hope the weather is half decent for you too (although it looks a bit suss both here and there).

They've already spoken to my Mum. She said I was a nice kid but needed to be thumped every now and then :rolleyes:

Then my Wife said I liked my Z because it was "flash" :eek:

And my kids said I spend all my time in the garage :eek:

Oh dearie, dearie me...

Oh come on Zedhead... don't desert me now!

This has to be a chance to present a vibrant, thriving club for the camera, doesn't it?

So long as Status keeps his vibrant, thriving rear-end under wraps!

Tony, you could have counted on me, but my new to me 240 has gone back to fourways for a auto box transplant. Drat and double drat.
I would have enjoyed (a) meeting some faces for the first time, (b) chancing getting my car on the box, and (c) just bloody having a drive in it.
Regards,
A Severely P***ed off new to it all Zowner.
Don.

Zbirdy said:
A Severely P***ed off new to it all Zowner.
Don.
wouldn'd life be a worthless piece of crap if it was all straight forward!
dont worry don, it will all end up just dandy!:D

You don't have to be there in a Z to enjoy the experience....you're just as welcome without and you get to share your woes with other like-minded individuals face to face. Essex is not a virtual reality...just an alternative universe.

Thanks guys, Just Dandy then.

Im gonna try and make it, my second eldest has a motorbike test on Sunday (CBT), so it could be difficult as im the taxi service I always said i wouldnt be.
But i wanna be with you on Sunday, so i will try.
What time is the meet?
Don.

Mid-day onwards, Halfway House, junction of A127 and A128. Top car park - don't park the taxi in the row of Zs!

zbirdy come in that other old banger thats on yer gallery,it looks really nice,is it a humber

Yes its an humber hawk, 1966. Complete rebuild, though it was pretty good to start with, bought it from an old boy in Epping, had it from new. cost a bloody fortune, to get it to the standard you will see in my gallery. but listen up guys, ive snatched the 240 back from fourways for the weekend, they aint doing the box till next week, so its drop the boy off at his test session and i will be there 11.30ish, will squeeze the ol Z alongside the others then. Mines a John Smiths Extra Smooth.
Don.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back