Speakers

Hammer67

Club Member
The RH front door speaker on my 95 Jap Z32 is starting to cut out occasionally. Without actually taking the door apart to check I think its original. Are the speakers anything unusual? Can I just get some of the same size and bolt them in? If so what size do I need. I`m not interested in uprating as I tend to either listen to the engine, Test Match Special or West Ham losing on Radio 5.
Thanks for any advice.

I will be upgrading my front speakers so if you need my old ones let me know..
Bazza..

theyre most likely 6" bolted to a metal plate or possibly the bose speakers built into a palstic amp/speaker module

most manafacturers make a 6.5inch not a 6inch. the only 6inch i found with the mounting holes in the correct place was made by kicker. that said, if your happy to drill a few holes then most 6.5inch should fit

The RH front door speaker on my 95 Jap Z32 is starting to cut out occasionally. Without actually taking the door apart to check I think its original. Are the speakers anything unusual? Can I just get some of the same size and bolt them in? If so what size do I need. I`m not interested in uprating as I tend to either listen to the engine, Test Match Special or West Ham losing on Radio 5.
Thanks for any advice.

You will probably find the speaker wire is chaffed some where and touching ground. Check first or run a new wire before attaching blame to the speaker.

Thanks for the replies chaps. bazza ~ thanks for the offer, will bear it in mind. Unsurprisingly since posting the original message the speaker is working fine so could well be a wire/connection problem. Have now noticed that bugger all sound comes out either of the rear speakers. Still, no-one sits near them so who cares?

Thanks for the replies chaps. bazza ~ thanks for the offer, will bear it in mind. Unsurprisingly since posting the original message the speaker is working fine so could well be a wire/connection problem. Have now noticed that bugger all sound comes out either of the rear speakers. Still, no-one sits near them so who cares?

You will care as if the wire is chaffed and going to ground you will eventually burn out the amp inside the stereo...then you will have sod all to listen to...

You will care as if the wire is chaffed and going to ground you will eventually burn out the amp inside the stereo...then you will have sod all to listen to...

Excellent news. :thumbs: Thanks for that. ;) Best I have a look at it then.:smash:

Back