Solid Diff Mount

Glenn.S

New Forum User
Hi All,

Someone is selling a solid differential mount and some bump steer spacers on E-Bay (under classic car parts/other) for 240 & 260Z's.

I know the purpose of the bump steer spacers and I'm running them on my lowered 240 but does anyone have any experience with or ever fitted a solid diff mount?

Cheers
Glenn

abas

Well-Known Forum User
I was going to ask this same question about the diff mount.

Given that OEM diff mounts are now expensive and are not really up to the job ( especially if you do a bit of track day stuff) I thought a solid diff mouint might be a good idea. I am told they do create quite a bit of vibration through the shell though.

I have seen pictures of other arguably better mounts that can be fabricated that are much better than original, which retain a rubber mount to avoid excessive vibration.

zman240uk

Club Member
I can testify to the fact that a solid diff mount will create a lot more noise. I would only ever bother to fit one if your are going racing or are producing some very serious power.

A replacement standard mount is well up to the job.

Ken...

ZHead

Well-Known Forum User
I have bought the billet aluminium moustache (or is it mustache in this context as seen on Hybrid Z?) bar and solid front mount from Arizona Z Car -

Talking to Dave at Arizona Z, the advice was to put a piece of thick rubber like a split open water hose between the front mount and the chassis saying that I would then have the best of both worlds : solid mount for strength but even a thin piece of strong rubber between the mount and the chassis should dampen vibration immensely and keep noise levels down.

CAVEAT : I have not actually done this yet but this is the advice I was given by a reputable guy who makes solid front mounts.